“Always great service and yummy food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Hobart, Australia
“Always great service and yummy food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This would be the 4th time I have been here and am yet to have a bad meal. One suggestion though is to not being out children's pizzas straight out of the oven especially with hot cheese. My four year old was unlucky enough to burn his finger quite badly. It was our fault also as we should have checked as soon as it was brought out but didn't think to.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Great food - great service - easy walk from Salamanca Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

A busy little restaurant - but don't be put off by that.The service was attentive and personal and we could take our time - Aliana (I hope I spelt her name correctly!) was all smiles despite the pace of the restaurant and took time to chat and share a smile. The food was very tasty and fresh with a well priced bottle of red. One of the owners Marco also took some time out to chat with us. An easy walk from Salamanca Place. Booking recommended!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Storrs, Connecticut
“Like Boston's North End, but in Hobart”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I'm an Italian-American with the last name D'Angelo, so I sort of chose this restaurant half based on reviews, and half based on a desire to hand them my credit card and say, "Let's send each other Christmas cards!"

The staff were friendly and made plenty of time for me even though it was very busy and I went by myself without a reservation. If you're visiting with a group on Wed-Saturday I'd suggest making a reservation. I was there on a Wednesday night around 5:30 pm and it got really busy by 6 pm.

I had the fettuccine con scampi and all of the parts to it were technically very good, but the sauce made it. IT WAS SO GOOD. I also had a cassata which was yummy and refreshing. I was a little disappointed with the cappuccino - it was a little forgettable.

All in all really good! A little expensive for a poor college student like yours truly, but for the quality of food, appropriate. I can't wait to come back, hopefully with a significant other or with my family. It's a good place for couples and for families. Reminded me of the classic New York Italian restaurants I visit with my grandparents and parents back home in the US.

Visited July 2013
Hobart, Australia
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a wonderful experience dining out with our two children. From the moment we walked in the door we were warmly greeted by the very friendly manager. The wait staff were so patient and helpful and the food was delicious. I definitely recommend booking as it gets very busy ... I can understand why!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clarence, Australia
“Poor service, expensive and bland food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Walking into Da Angelo's after booking two weeks in advance i was greeted by a man who I can only assume to be the owner. He was rude, intolerant and insulted my hat. I Proceeded to my table where a lovely waitress guided me through the menu. After my experience at the door, I was happy to eat what looked like great food. After waiting 1 HOUR for my food, i discovered it was cold, bland and quite possibly the most capitalistic Italian I had ever eaten. Appalled i left, only to be charged $48 for the whole craptastic experience.

• Visited July 2013