“Simply excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Hobart, Australia
“Simply excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We dine at Me Wah fairly frequently the food is always beautifully prepared and the service excellent. Weekend Yum Cha is the absolute stand out, they have the best har gow I have ever eaten , the prawn and ginger dumplings are always superb. Don't expect the endless variety of offerings that you see in Sydney or Melbourne, Me Wah's variety is smaller but always exquistley produced.

Visited July 2013

Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Magnificent, Consistent Food...All dishes ordered were perfect. The Best Lemon Chicken I've had anywhere..Highly recommended to anyone visiting Hobart.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hobart, Australia
“Super Dooper Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Headed here for dinner for a special celebration, but it was not the first visit for either of us. Extremely impressed, as always, with the exceptionally high levels of service.
Food was superb and served promptly. Mains were Wasabi Wagyu Beef and XO Scallops. The scallops were huge.
Entre was the Peking Duck Pancakes. Wowee. These are a winner. @ $28 for 4, they are more on the costly side, but you are paying for quality.

Great place and its one of our favourites. Will go back for sure and would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
tasmania
“Banana fritter to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

All 5 at our table last night enjoyed our meals immensely .... great service too.
My chicken and macadamia nuts was a very reasonable $24 It was such a difficult choice as far as dessert went.... choc sauce pudding, fried ice cream ... but the banana fritter was delicious at $10.
Couldn't fault our meals .. 10 out of 10. Can't wait to return. I can understand why this restaurant keeps winning awards. It is simply a wonderful Chinese restaurant

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Incredible wine list!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I ate here on my last night in Hobart. Unfortunately I was not able to eat/drink as much as I wanted to! The staff are very helpful...perhaps just a fraction too OTT for me, it is in fact odd a restaurant like this in a suburban complex! Do not get me wrong the staff were great, just perhaps too formal. I managed only one glass of wine but the wine list is incredible and the sommelier well educated. I tried the bugs followed by cheeks. Perhaps I missed it on the menu but the bugs came in a 'batter', not what I was expecting. I did not really do the checks justice, they were so rich, I recommend sharing! The staff were happy to accommodate my bill split request and I truly wish I had gone at a different time...I think I would have enjoyed it even more!

Visited June 2013