“We loved it.” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Sandy Bay Road, Hobart, Tasmania 7000, Australia   |
Ranked #31 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
“We loved it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

The location was brilliant as it was near the Salamanca markets and Hobart Port. We really loved our unit and found it very cosy and it had everything we needed for our stay of a week. The staff were very helpful and responded very quickly to any of our requests. We had good secure undercover parking. Overall we have no complaints. We liked having the air conditioning flowing through from the living room/kitchenette area as we find direct heat too drying on our faces. We would definitely recommend this Mantra to our friends. The price was right for us too.

• Stayed October 2013
Danny V, General Manager at Mantra One Sandy Bay Road, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Great to read that we ticked all the boxes for you. Location, service and cleanliness are so important when travelling and all points where we score highly with so many of our guests.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mantra One Sandy Bay in the near future.

Danny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Even though the Mantra has missed matched furniture the place was very clean, spacious and close to everything. Our stay in the Mantra recently was very good. We stayed there September 2013. Our beds were comfortable and it was very quiet. Would recommend it and I would come back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Danny V, General Manager at Mantra One Sandy Bay Road, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Great to read and appreciate your feedback. The cleanliness and size of our rooms along with the location of the hotel is mentioned with great regularity, it makes us feel that we are doing things right and continuing to improve.

Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Like a few of the reviewers before me, my decision to book this apartment was based mainly on my positive experience with other mantra managed apartments. I was rather disappointed due to various reasons including a rather rude a receptionist, leaking kettle (dangerous to say the least), broken lamp, defective foxtel, non performing washing machine. It was also strange that we could at meal times work out what our neighbours were cooking because the smell actually permeates our apartment.

In general the apartment needs refurbishing to match the standard of the other mantra apartments.

We can't fault the location though and that was in fact what we enjoyed about the apartment the most. A mere street away from Salamanca place, close proximity to city centre and had medical centres and pharmacy close by.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Like all good feedback, I appreciate your not so positive feedback and would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further.
The fact that one of my team seemed rude is unacceptable and I will definately follow this up.
The apartments are mainly individually owned and we are working our way through with the owners to have all of the units refurbished as soon as possible.
I am slightly confused though at your comments regarding food aromas permeating through as I, personally have stayed in many of the units and have never come across this but perhaps we can discuss this point further as well.
I look forward to the opportunity of looking after you again at Mantra One Sandy Bay so you can see for yourself the improvements we are constantly making.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My 10 year old son and I stayed one night here and it was a perfect location. Service average and not overly helpful but the room was spacious and had a separate lounge. Laundry and small kitchenette also included (we didn't need this). We booked through Wotif the night before we travelled so got a very good deal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Great to read that you loved the location of the hotel but disappointed that the team and I didn't quite get the service right.
I will be discussing this further at our next team meeting and will ensure that this is more of a focus moving forward.
I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to mantra One Sandy Bay in the near future.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for four night and the place is good value for money. We paid about $130 per night the rooms were nothing fancy but spacious and clean. The real attraction is the location - 5 minute walk from Salamanca place and the waterfront. No stove in the kitchenette is a pity but we would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
It's always nice to read that our guests enjoyed their stay and everything about it. I will also be taking this feedback to our team meeting and sharing it with them.

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked two nights at the end of our trip around Tasmania. We ended up staying three due to a late change of plans and a decision to visit Hobart earlier. Instead of staying at the travelodge as we had done on a previous visit we thought we would spoil ourselves a little and get some place a little more high standard so as to really make the most of our last few days. Unfortunately there is about $100 difference per night between the two hotels and there definitely isn't a warranted reason for this as the travelodge is almost on par . Not even the location is a perk considering the travelodge is almost just as close the Salamanca and also offers free parking.

The room we stayed in was made up of a bedroom, ensuite, kitchenette and a lounge area. The bedroom had no windows so was totally dark during the day which might be fine if you're suffering from jet lag or like to sleep during the day but i found having to switch on all the lights during the day disappointing when I enjoy a room with natural light. The lounge had one window which was also too hight up to view anything unless to stand on the couch and enjoy the view of the back of buildings and a metal tower of some sorts. The aircon unit is located in the lounge so you need to switch in one and wait an hour for the heat to get to the bedroom which is horrible when there are no spare blankets either.

One of the fridges was also quite noisy and the king bed is in fact a king zip bed which basically means its two singles pushed together with a very hard piece in between. Not ideal for a romantic getaway at all.

Although the points I make may seem trivial I can assure you that combined I was beyond disappointed at my choice to stay here. From what i say and read on the website perhaps I was a bit naive in expecting it would be so much better. I will definitely not be staying or recommending that anyone stay here and as this was my first visit to a mantra establishment I highly doubt I'll be visiting any of its affiliated partners either.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Danny V, General Manager at Mantra One Sandy Bay Road, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I am truly disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us in any way. It is true that some of our units do not have windows in the bedrooms, some guests want this and actually ask for it whilst others, like yourself and myself, prefer the natural light. I'd like to think that if we had another room available, given the opportunity, my team would have tried to move you to a more preferable room.

We also have a few 1 bedroom apartments that have queen beds in them instead of the king zip beds which the team are always happy to move a guest into should this room type be available.

I do hope you change your mind and give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mantra One Sandy Bay on another ocassion.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The apartments are a 5 minute walk from Salamanca. They are a generous size, clean and the bed comfortable. There is a microwave, dishwasher and fridge in a small kitchenette. Handy place to stay in Hobart.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Great to read that you enjoyed your time with us. We do receive a lot of very positive feedback about our location, the size of the rooms and the easy access to everything in town.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra One Sandy Bay in the near future.

Danny

Been to Mantra One Sandy Bay Road? Share your experiences!