“Great oysters!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #182 of 460 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Mures Upper Deck a la carte restaurant is the flagship of a group of companies that was founded by George & Jill Mure over forty years ago. With an international reputation for Tasmania's world class seafood, Upper Deck is the ultimate seafood experience in Hobart. We are unique as we catch our own fish, source and prepare all our seafood to enjoy with stunning views of Victoria Dock. We remain a family owned business where our people's passion for seafood & Tasmania is clear from our deckhands through to our Executive Chef and Sommelier. Committed to sustainably managed Australian seafood, we take a fresh approach to a la carte dining, featuring the finest quality seafood accompanied by the very best Tasmanian produce. We offer an exclusively Tasmanian Wine List featuring wines from a diverse range of wine regions across Tasmania. We specialise in functions from private dining for small groups to large corporate events and are experienced in tailoring an event to suit your needs.
Adelaide, Australia
“Great oysters!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely lunch here, oysters were very fresh and very nice! Food was a little slow but they did apologise that there was an issue with the computerised order system on the day. Overall a great place to spend a couple of hours overlooking the water and boats on a chilly afternoon.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Does not justify the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Great location, excellent service and good (yes good) food. No doubt this is a superb dining location and the service on the night was very professional, but when they talk up a hot platter that costs about $100 which idoes not include any lobster or bugs it really needs to be something special. What we did get was good seafood but a meal whi h would have cost $30-40 at any seafood shop and would have tasted the same. Can't help feeling we were overcharged substantially for waht we had. My advice...you would get a lot better value and better food at several of the restaurants in Salamanca

CAIRNS
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

7 of us went to Mures for dinner. We all had something different and everyone loved their meal. 1 girl had bugs that weren't cooked through but that was rectified quickly and we all enjoyed our meal. I had oysters kilpatrick which were yummy, then I had garlic bugs with noodles- Devine. Drink service was a bit slow but it was a busy night. I would definately go there again

Burnie, Australia
“Impressive service ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Welcomed to mures by a lovely lady and seated in a very hot stuffed room :/ but did open the window :) . Fabulous waitor young waitor at that with an outstanding accent , could not fault him at all . Absolutely wonder polite , well spoken and made our time pleasurable . Bit pricey for what we received and tables should be wiped and big left over bits of food should not be flung onto the floor should be wiped and placed Into the rubbish haha :) but overall the boy made our night :)

Hobart, Australia
“Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Granted I don't like seafood but my time at this restaurant left me with a bad taste in my mouth. The prices were way too expensive. The bread entree we got was awful. The bread was doey and stodgy and generally awful, I got the steak main but asked for the seafood portion to be left off and as a result I got the smallest steak in Hobart (granted a very tasty one) and also requested a side of fries. The meals were delivered and two bowls of fries were delivered and two were not. Someone on my table went up and said that they forgot two orders to which they were promptly ignored then after a second reminder a good 15-20mins earlier they came back and said "sorry we forgot!" I mean really. An expensive place like that and they forget a side?? and had to be reminded TWICE. We got asked once for drinks then after we were served then were promptly ignored by the staff. We had to go and ask them to come and take a drinks order.... I ordered a mocktail and it ended up spilled by the server all over my table and left a big sticky mess and she didn't even apologise.... again for dessert the staff had to be approached and asked for the menu back... Dessert was ok. Not OMG YUM. Just average. I will never go back again. Poor service. Overpriced food;

• Visited November 2013