“Didn't look promising, but delivered.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pacific Rim
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Sydney - Australia
“Didn't look promising, but delivered.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We arrived early Sat morning and the place was deserted.. However, id heard good things and im glad we stayed. I had Roti wrapped scrambled eggs, which was excellent.

Coffee good too.

Visited September 2012

“Quirky and Cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Had brekky hete, food fabulous, great value for money and presented well. Menu offered many interesting options. Waitstaff attentive and friendly. Would recommend :-)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Australia
“Our favourite breakfast cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We've been here before and recommended it to others. They have a fantastic selection of breakfast dishes - the roti filled with scrambled eggs served with chilli jam is really delicious, and so is the muesli. Good coffee too.

Visited August 2012
Hobart, Australia
“Bit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

When this cafe first opened it was innovative and quirky, but for me now there are much better places I would rather go. I expected it to be busy on a recent Saturday, and it was, but we were lucky and found an indoor table immediately. The negatives were that it not only felt dirty, it was. There was a lot of spilt food under the table and chairs from previous patrons. The service was OK - certainly efficient, but not particularly friendly. My biggest disappointment was the coffee. It was really nice, but the cups, though cutely retro, were tiny - almost like a demi tasse - So the coffee only lasted three mouthfuls. Not good value for $3.50. The food was really nice, and the servings were big, but I would prefer somewhere cleaner with decent sized coffee cups and a bright smile from the waitresses!

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A great start to the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

This was my second visit to Machine, the first was a couple of days prior for coffee, which was excellent. A peek at the menu then encouraged me to visit again for brunch. Despite a busy clientele we were seated quickly.
What a menu! I struggled to choose from the varied and innovative menu. Still had the classics but also many different options which all sounded excellent. From the food envy I had with my fellow diners there's a lot of delicious food to be had here.
We had the 'Old New eggs' and the eggs royale, both of which were very generous servings and absolutely delicious. The coffee we ordered prior turned up promptly as did our food. The wait staff were fantastic, very attentive and always watching out for things to do and attend to.
A great experience and meal, I'm just annoyed that I'm an out of town visitor so can't make this my regular!