“Delicious Steaks” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 460 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Delicious Steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I went with a group of 17 people on New Year's Eve. We were booked for the first sitting from
6 until 8 and were seated upstairs. The service was fast and efficient on such a busy night. The steaks that were ordered by the people immediately around us, were all done to order and the sauce was beautiful. Would go back again another time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Excellent customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I don't usually write these sorts of things but felt obliged by the lovely girl who waited our table on the evening of Thursday (02/01/2014). My friend and I ordered 2 medium rare steaks and when they arrived to our table they were way overdone. We advised the waitress who was extremely apologetic and took our meals away. Shortly after she returned with 2 new cooked steaks and the offer of free desserts. I was very impressed with the way the issue was handled, I didn't get her name but we need more of her in the hospitalty industry on the mainland! Thank you

Hobart, Australia
“Still great but no 'mash' with salads, please.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Having fairly regularly enjoyed the same tasty menu at this restaurant for the last 25 years ie. pate, baked potato, yummy steak and salads and always followed by cheesecake, I was so disappointed to find only mashed potato being served with the steak and salads. So hate mashed potato with salads! Time to move on maybe?

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I am not a great steak eater but I really enjoyed the fillet steak which was prepared for me at this restaurant. It melted in the mouth and was delicious. We were seated upstairs and arrived early but pretty soon the restaurant was full. Bookings are not taken for small groups but my husband and I were assured that if we arrived early around 6pm we would get a table. The salad bar upstairs is generous but does not seem to have the same number of salads as that downstairs, but we certainly did not leave hungry. The staff are friendly, attentive and service is prompt, and the venue is family friendly.

• Visited December 2013
Echuca, Australia
“Sensational”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Well I took the new "ball n chain" to the Ball and Chain Grill on recommendation of a mate, who knows his steaks....., anyway we had a fantastic meal of oysters natural, oysters Kirkpatrick, beautiful charcoal grilled whole Rainbow trout and an absolutely sensational medium rare scotch fillet carpet bag steak. The carpet bag is a rare find in today's eateries I've found, my last one being 13 years ago, I must say though that was by far the best I've eaten. We thoroughly enjoyed a couple of pints of the local brew - Cascade draught and a beaut bottle of Bethany Cab/merlot. The meal was very nice with great service from beaut staff, it also had several family groups of young and old, the atmosphere is friendly and quiet enough to enjoy being able to speak to each other across the table. All done and dusted for just on $150. Great meal, great value, great recommendation, thanks Glenn. - you just can't beat Tassie oysters....