“Tasty burgers at a good price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Hobart, Australia
“Tasty burgers at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Went here on a Wednesday night before heading of to the cinema. The place was absolutely rammed when we got there, so we assumed it must be good. But the way the place is set out is not suitable for waiting for a table at all. We were asked several times by staff and patrons to move so they could get past. But this aside, once we were seated, it was fine. Good selection of burgers, and my Electric Blue burger was very tasty. Also loved the shoe-string fries. Was easy to chat here, as the music was at a sensible volume, and also being played from vinyl. Quite a hipster feel in here generally. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Never to return”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

After 3 attempts at trying different burgers here at The Burger Haus all I can be left saying is I will never come back. Basic burgers for the vego option they either have never tasted good vegeterian meals before or have no taste buds left. Burgers were sloppy and wet, their relish left a foul taste in my partners and my mouth. There are plenty of other great places to dine with vibrant happy staff I suggest lool else where.

“Great spot to take friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We're regulars and love to show this place off to friends! Must try the amazing "Ferrero Rocher" Milkshake!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hobart, Australia
“Food was great, wait was not.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My two under tens and I went out for dinner here on sat night because I'd heard great things about burgers and chips in fryer baskets, and decadent milk shakes. All of this turned out to be true. This popular little niche ala Burger Got Soul or Flip in Launny has a sort of more down to earth feel with a greeter at the door and great order taker at the bench. They have a bigger menu than BGS, with a wider variety of lamb burger and veggie burgers and purportedly offering vegan(?) and gluten free options.

All that being said, do not take your hungry under tens and self there after I'd say 5.30 on a Friday/Saturday night, or wait until about 7.30-8 if this is an option - or order takeaway. This small space was crowded and lined up practically out the door, great for business, but stuffy and loud. We shared a small corner of a table with a larger louder family.

I probably won't go back to eat rather try a phone order and pick up.

Visited July 2014
“Will be back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stopped off with the family to try burger haus after hearing many good things and was not disappointed.

Was greeted at the door by a member of staff who quickly familiarized us with the surrounds and where to find water, cutlery etc.

The menu is extensive and appealing. I ordered the haus burger with an extra pattie and it was a monstrous thing and OMG was the best burger I have ever had (only just and thats a big call). It was fresh and the patties were juicy and packed with flavour.

My son wanted just a chicken pattie and chips which was not on the menu but the request was warmly accomodated and the chef especially came out to our table to check how we wanted it done.

My partner had the electric blue burger and this was also very nice.

Overall the place is very clean, nicely decorated, the food was to die for and the music was a definite hit with my 5yo son - love those power ballads!!

Oh almost forgot - the ferrero rocher milkshakes are the BOMB!! expensive but awesome.

Overall I would definitely recommend this place and will be back. Its quite pricey so its definitely a special occasion destination rather than an everyday place. Reading a couple of other reviews on this site about the birthday cake - I think burger haus should definitely review their policy on that front - definitely does not add value to their brand I am sorry to say.

• Visited June 2014