“No service and ordinary food” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Hobart, Australia
“No service and ordinary food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were keen to try this as it had a lot of hype and a decent looking menu. Unfortunately we won't be going back. You wander in and find your own table, menu, water and cutlery and order at the till. Not sure what the staff are doing apart from delivering orders. I had the lamb burger and it was dry and chewy, almost inedible. There were two pathetic, dried out small pieces of haloumi on top and some remnants of salad. Very disappointing.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Disappointing: Very noisy, poor service, burgers OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Having enjoyed the consistently good food and service of Segreto, we were keen to try the new kid on the block, Burger Haus. Sadly, we were disappointed. The place was busy (a good sign) but very noisy with music blaring and we had to shout at each other to be able to hear the conversation. "Service" was very slow, and not customer-focussed. You have to go the busy counter every time you want to order something (coffee, water, desert etc). There was no salt or pepper; you have to get your own cutlery and serviettes, and if you want a variation on the stated menu, you pay for it. The chips were OK but small serves. One burger order was wrong, The veggie burger was OK but none of us really enjoyed the food, and certainly none of us enjoyed the atmosphere. Might do better as a take away place - but not a restaurant conducive to relaxed, enjoyable dining and easy conversation. We miss Segreto!

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Artsy and atmospheric”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Totally niche classic little eatery, it's almost like you're somewhere worth being, like Melbourne. My fancy milkshake was amazing and my boyfriend seemed pleased with his burger. The staff are cute and are clearly pleased to see you come in the door, and I love what they've titled the washrooms ;)

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We ate here shortly after the restaurants opening so our problems may have been due to teething issues but unfortunately we left very disappointed. The burgers were very average, the service to be terrible and I was charged $4.50 to swap a meat pattie for a veggie one! I may give it another chance in the future but certainly not any time soon.

“Amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've been here on three separate occasions and loved it every time. Service is always spot on, staff are always friendly, and the food is delicious. The Smoky Haus burger would have to be my favourite of the three I've tried, but I've also had the satay chicken burger and the pumpkin, feta and pesto vegetarian burger.

Their outdoor eating area is a major draw-in for me, I enjoy sitting out there with friends. Fake grass and crates adorn the deck, with pot plants. Very nice.

My only complaint is some of the prices of things. $1 to change your burger sauce. $1.50 to add cheese to a burger that should have cheese on it anyway (the issue here is that half the burgers have cheese and half don't; why make you pay for cheese on SOME burgers?). $4.50 for a can of lemonade!! Other than this, the burger prices are quite reasonable... I will be back again and again!

• Visited November 2013