This B&B is a short-ish walk from the central attractions of Hobart. It's uphill from all the action, so good for a brisk walk after a big meal at Salamanca Place.
The rooms are large, nicely decorated and well maintained. Our ensute was spacious with a shower over the tub. The breakfast was OK, although the "continental" platter of cheese and meat didn't look that fresh after three days.
However, I wouldn't stay there again. Here's why ...
1. You should like NOISE to stay here. Hobart friends tell us Macquarie St is the busiest in Hobart. Admittedly it's not downtown Sydney but it's still a busy street on a slope with accelerating/braking cars starting/stopping at the intersection on which this place sits - yes, right on the corner - with no double glazing.
2. I'm not sure what nuances attach to the term "B&B", but we got one replacement set of towels in our three-night stay. Otherwise the room was not serviced, including tea and coffee not being replaced, bathroom not cleaned and bed not made. We checked with another guest who had the same experience.
3. When we booked we gave a credit card number but were NOT told that one night's accommodation would be deducted as a deposit. When I got my statement (the week before we went) I found the "deposit" had been deducted twice. The person who had made the error (and since left the B&B) had left a note saying the machine had malfunctioned, but nobody made an effort to ring to explain, despite having my number. I had to ring them to find out what was going on. We did get a 10% discount as compensation.
4. The place seemed mostly unattended. Except for somebody being there the mornings we checked in and out (and another instance of replacement towels), there was no evidence of anybody being at the B&B other than the few guests who were there when we stayed.
5. One morning the water in the shower was lukewarm. Other mornings it was hot. Only one light globe in two overhead lights was working in our room.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.