“Relaxing Visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wrest Point Water Edge

Save Saved
You added Wrest Point Water Edge to your Saves list
Wrest Point Water Edge
410 Sandy Bay Rd | Bldg A, Hobart, Tasmania 7005, Australia (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #33 of 47 hotels in Hobart
WARRENSBURG
“Relaxing Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here for a Conference with a group I belong to, and thought the facility was great. Plenty of space for our meetings, great banquet rooms for our different groups and the food was also very good. This was my first time to Australia, and the Staff was so friendly and helpful, that I felt like I was a family member. Loved the view. Nice to have free WiFi, so I could stay in touch with my family and friends back in the US of A. The décor is a little outdated, but our room was clean and everything worked. We really enjoyed the different types of dining opportunities and also the lounges, to have a drink and visit with friends. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WrestPoint, Manager at Wrest Point Water Edge, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We appreciate your balanced feedback on Trip Advisor. It sounds like you were able to try out and enjoy some of the facilities the hotel has to offer. The recent innovation of free WiFi has been welcomed by many of our guests from overseas-I’m glad you linked up successfully. Once again thank you for your comments-hope to see you again …
Kind Regards. Andrew Fox, Hotel Manager, Wrest Point

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We moved from a cruddy B&B in the city to this comfy, 4 star business traveller's suite.

It was absolutely fine, warm, accommodating, friendly. And the free Wifi was excellent for Hobart.

I would say four things:
- SERIOUS DECOR UPGRADE NEEDED. The whole thing looks like a vomit from 1991.
- These dudes need to accommodate for out-of-towners with more options like soymilk, vegan food, organics, etc, etc.
- The bedding needs an overhaul.
- They could do really well by seriously separating the casino vibe from the business end of the premises. It was hideously depressing having to witness sad, old pokies patronisers. Oh, dear.

Room Tip: Hey, if you can get a view, do. It's NICE!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WrestPoint, Manager at Wrest Point Water Edge, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor-
The free WiFi is a recent innovation at Wrest Point and was seen as a convenience all our visitors could use for business and for fun. The Water’s Edge has recently been repainted and the bedding will be going through a total refurbishment in the next few months. We take your suggestions regarding food options very seriously – Soy milk is catered for as a matter of course and other food options can and are catered for, when requested.

We are proud of the views available from different points of the hotel and always enjoy other’s appreciation as well.
Once again thank you for giving us the opportunity to respond.
Kind Regards. Andrew Fox, Hotel Manager, Wrest Point
Surfers Paradise, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Would never stay here again. Came here with my fiancé for his first visit to Hobart and thought I'd spend a bit extra on the hotel than the place I usually stay. Paid $229 a night and could not see the value in it. The room was small, dark and damp - nothing like the pictures. Our room overlooked the water but there was a footpath only a meter from our window, which did not make for a great view. When I went down to the receptionist to request to be moved to another room, she advised that the hotel was booked out which was the only reason we were put in that room to start with. She agreed the room was not up to standard and offered an 'upgrade' for the following two nights but we had to pay extra. Not acceptable in my opinion.

• Stayed April 2013
Melbourne, Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here for a night on business and ended up in the Waters Edge wing. Plenty of other reviewers have commented on the fact that this accommodation is showing its's age. Well that's true enough and the walk from reception is a bit convoluted and long....and very '80's in decor. The room I found myself in was fine...a bit old school with a CRT TV..but comfortable enough. The bathroom is fine and the shower is actually brilliant. The view is sensational..right out over a sandy cove and I woke in the morning to ducks quacking on the beach...really nice. Staff were friendly. I arrived late and had a quick meal in the bistro...staff were great and the food was quick and more than adequate...just what I needed...it's not a venue for a romatic getaway tho'. Value was v. good at about $125/night....so overall....this is not the place to stay if you are looking for big hotel bling and sophistication..but it's fine if you're interested in a good value, short but comfortable stay. You will need a car to explore outside the complex tho'.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alice Springs, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This property has been in operation for many years and it is starting to show its age. The staff are friendly and helpful but the decor and the anbience is like stepping back in time. Views from the Tower rooms are great but the old shower over the bath and the outdated furnishings didn't help and ageing building.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

On the plus side, the room itself has been painted within the past few months, the bathroom has been re-furbished, the furniture is relatively new and the view of the water was very nice. On the negative side, the corridors are dark, the carpeting in them is tired and the lift nearest the rooms was untidy, small, slow and hasn't been upgraded in many years.
By contrast the corridors and lifts nearer the main casino facility gave a better impression.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Coolangatta, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Well initially I thought I would be in the Tower, but I believe my own booking mistake put me in the Water Edge. That aside the room was very old school, very clean, bed was reasonably comfy and the high pressure water in the shower was relaxing, however it was like stepping back into a time warp with the decor, could def use a refresh!

Staff were great very knowledgable and friendly, casino was fun and only got to eat at the buffet once but I wouldnt say it is worth $27. I would walk up the road and try some nice restaurants especially in North Hobart.

Def get yourself a car too!

Overall very comfy and no serious complaints but not my type of place. Was here for a wedding and it was good for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: I think learn from my mistake and book in the Tower, might be nicer
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Wrest Point Water Edge? Share your experiences!