“The best steak I have ever eaten!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Canberra, Australia
“The best steak I have ever eaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We found this place after seeing an advertisement in a tourist brochure. It is a short taxi trip from Salamanca but well worth it. We had oysters followed by fillet steak - just divine. Service was friendly and efficient and the place had a nice atmosphere. It was quite full even on a Wednesday night so we recommend booking ahead to make sure you get a table. Awesome food!

67% Recommend
“What I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Quality of meals was good. Service was fine - no issues. Lovely meal. Bit pricey though. Comfy seating. A little noisy when restaurant full.

Hobart
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were booked for 8.30 got seated at 9.30. Orders were a stuff up, service was poor. The person in charge of tables had no idea what to do. We were offered no complimentary drinks and when we were they forgot to bring them. Even though the steak was great once it arrived I will,never set foot back in this poor excuse of an establishment again. Would recommend you go to rock wall in Salamanca instead.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“One of the best restaurants in Hobart!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here now 6 times. I cannot fault the food, service and atmosphere. The staff are friendly and very helpful. In fact when I have booked at late notice the owner has never said no and hired extra staff to deal with our large booking. I really can't fault this lovely restaurant. The food is simply divine. A welcome addition to the restaurants in North Hobart.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
“First trip and we'll be back for sure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Birthday dinner and special treat.
Absolutely fantastic.
Had heard mixed reviews, so went with an open mind.
Chowder was excellent. Flavoursome, veggies with real texture (not soggy), fresh tasty fish.
Both had 200g eye fillet. Cooked exactly on the mark. Beautiful flavour. Potatoes smash was very tasty - the spring onion sweet and subtle. The 2 sauces were made fresh - pepper sauce was unlike anything I have previously tasted and the mushroom sauce spot on. The cream brûlée was of a generous proportion (perfect for 2), smooth and packed with flavour. Best of all, the service from our european waiter was excellent. He was passionate about the place, the staff, what they are collectively seeking to achieve. He was friendly and engaging.

I had to scratch my head to think of a point for improvement, and the only thing that I can come up with is that I had to ask for water on the table and request a refill - this was matched by a nice carafe being brought to the table with a smile.

Overall, I couldnt recommend Roaring Grill more highly.

Do it!