“Great find!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We dine at a lot of indian restaurants and had a superb meal at Mother India. The curry sauces had both a depth and complexity of flavor. The meat, paneer and kofta were all of high quality. The naan bread was excellent. The restaurant was quiet and I'd recommend people should go there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
“A taste of home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Not my home, I'm a nice Jewish girl from NYC. But it feels just like they have opened their home to us. Food great, lovely quiet atmosphere, wonderful staff. If my grandmother had been Indian rather than Russian, this is what dinner would have tasted like.

My husband is very fond of their Kashmiri dishes - lamb, rice, and naan. As for me, there isn't a vegetarian dish I haven't loved. Their vegetarian thali is big enough for a growing boy or two of me. In fact I am partial to any lamb and chicken dish which not in a cream sauce (the ones in cream sauce are superb, but not quite on my "gonna lose a few more kilos" diet). Can also recommend the masala tea. They have a good choice of beers and ciders, too. Give it a try, I think you'll be back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“Absolute gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Actually stumble upon this place looking for another Indian and that god we did. This is by far the best Indian I have had in a long time we all ordered something different and it was all fantastic. It is a bit of a walk for those tourists staying near the harbour though

Melbourne, Australia
“Mother India!!! a must visit restaurant in Hobart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I recently visited Hobart for a vacation and tasted the best Indian dishes here. I am a person who loves spicy food and have tried many restaurants, this is awesome man!!! trust me, its so damn good. They have not changed to Aussie Indian sort of spiciness its still the Indian Spicy. Especially try the vindaloo, let it be chicken or Beef, its hot and spicy. Never have ever tasted such a nice Indian food.
Nice warm welcome by the waitresses. Its easy to miss the restaurant while driving since its located at a very roadside with no lights nearby. we all loved the food that night.
I wish this restaurant opens in Melbourne as well for Victorians to enjoy the actual Indian taste.
WILL VISIT AGAIN!!!!!!! definitely worth visiting.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ulverstone tAS
“Romantic dinner for two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

JUST PERFECT. We eat a lot of Indian food, and found this Restaurant to be better than our favourite Pickled Evenings in Launceston and nearly on a par with our Hobart favourite Annupurna.We will definatley eat here the next time we are in Hobart.
We highly recommend this restaurant.Great staff great atmosphere very very clean and fabulous food.

• Visited September 2013