“One of my faves!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Gourmet Burgers and Boutique Beer
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
“One of my faves!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Great spot to meet friends for relaxed dining...I particularly love the bar snacks...service is always spot on.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hobart, Australia
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Best service we've had in a long time. When we went to order we were advised of an hour wait time or we could be seated next door at Cargo (pizza) with a half hour wait time. We new the wait was worth it so we stayed. Got the best bloody burger I've had in my life. The chips were great too. Very unique style to what they are doing and it definitely works. Excellent pricing and the staff are excellent. Five stars.

“Great drinking hub.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

This is a must do at Salamanca. Great drinking place with good food. Staff were very attentive. Place buzzes on a Thursday and Friday night.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“delicious burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I'd just got off the plane from Melbourne and come from Seven Mile Beach and after Rektango, feeling weary and just wanted to kick back and relax with nice, comforting, honest food, not too fancy in an easygoing environment and Jack Greene fit the bill perfectly. I was prepared for a bit of a wait and ordered about 7.30ish, got in just before some large groups I was told, thank goodness. So I settled in with a book and a pint of Cascade Pale Ale at my table for one upstairs and in about half an hour my meal came, which I thought was fine, given the place was full. I had the bbq chicken burger and chips with aioli and I have to say the burger had really clean, fresh flavours, it was delicious, tasty and pretty high quality. Eating out on Salamanca is always a pleasure, I wanted to experience the 'real Hobart', had realised this was a side of Hobart I'd overlooked previously and came out feeling cosily satisfied, just what I was looking for. The young barman who looked after me was really nice and professional too.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hobart, Australia
“Best burgers in Hobart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

One of my favorite places to eat in Hobart.

There are over 20 different burgers on offer. Well I didn't actually count the number of burgers they have but there is one for everyone. They have mini burgers for the not so hungry too.

The place is usually busy, most days of the week, but should have too much of a problem getting a table if you wait 5-10 minutes.

It's a pub, so expect a pubbish atmosphere. The place has a really good country feel and staff are friendly.

They have a great selection of local and foreign beers. Again, plenty to choose from.

I come back because of the blue cheese burger and the relish they put on their burgers.

Yum!