“Made a conference trip bearable” 5 of 5 stars

BOOK DIRECT & GET 10% OFF
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney
“Made a conference trip bearable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I travel for work and end up in hotels near the conference venue that are bland and impersonal. A short walk from the conference venue this hotel is such a breath of fresh air. The hotel is in a great old building that has been cleverly and sensitively modernised. The staff are fantastic with none of that pretend welcome attitude you get in chain hotels. What's not to like about this wonderful hotel?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I had a really fun time at the Henry Jones. The staff were very helpful, recommending places for me to go and helping me find where I needed to be. I really enjoyed the art tour and hearing the history of the building and my room was simply gorgeous. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Staff are highly trained and very attentive. The building and location is fabulous steeped in history and character. I flew my parents to Hobart to stay here for Mother's Day, visit MONA and indulge in some art at the hotel. I rate this hotel high and only had one issue with the cleanliness of the room. Upon arrival some clothes from the previous guest was still hanging in the closet and our bathroom could have been a little cleaner but I am being a bit picky. I would go back and we had a wonderful time. We ate out most meals with Salamanca just on the other side of the harbour it was hard not to, a short walk to all the best restaurants in Hobart. However we did eat in the main Henry Jones restaurant and although pricey it was well worth it. We had a huge Mother's Day banquet and sample the extensive wine list finishing off with world beating Tasmanian Whiskey. Great for couples or older families, even is art is not your thing the up market and cosy atmosphere makes it worth a visit. I must say again that the staff are excellent, I had an issue with a hard pillow which was solved in minutes, the gym is excellent with brand new equipment, small but very well appointed.

Room Tip: Top floor has the original roof showing in the rooms, adds character and lovely in the rain which wi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My now husband and I were lucky enough to enjoy our wedding night at the Henry Jones, and I am only now getting to the review. But it's important I write it because there are some big shout outs to the staff there, who made all the difference.

We stayed in the Oriental Suite, and the lovely Chantelle in reservations sorted this for us. We had stayed in the suite before with great memories, so the perfect choice on our wedding night. Thanks so much Chantelle... who also came out front when we left and gave us big congratulations hug!!!

The staff in reception could not do enough for us. Chris, Nick and Greg, thanks so much guys. You really are stars. No wonder this hotel has great reviews with the face of the hotel represented by you all.

The suite itself is gorgeous, and the overflowing spa, accompanied by some gorgeous bubbles on ice - just perfect. The decor is understated, elegant, comfortable and the housekeeping staff discrete and kind.

Do yourself a favour and stay here. The lovely staff will ensure you are taken care of. Once again, our huge thanks to you all. :)

Room Tip: We loved the oriental suite. But we have also stayed in the Harbour View Spa Suite before and really...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed on our way to and from Sapphire. This out of the ordinary, interesting hotel is perfectly placed by the waterfront just a short walk from Salamanca Place and the city of Hobart. Begin your evening at the piano bar for a great vibe, excellent, intelligent service and a superb range of aperitifs. Dine in and you wont be disappointed either, attentive friendly service there too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had a fantastic one-night stay. I can't think of any way our experience could have been improved.

The amenities and facilities of the hotel are excellent. The staff are friendly and helpful without being intrusive. The layout of the hotel is quite odd, being a converted factory, but this adds to the experience. Considering the hotel is 10 years old now, the upkeep is excellent and it does not feel dated.

The location is great - just 5 minutes easy walk to Salamanca Place. Plenty of reserved parking directly out of the front of the hotel.

We didn't eat at the restaurant, but had a drink at the bar. Service was quick and friendly and staff were knowledgable about products.

Yes, it's quite expensive. Definitely a treat but worth the splurge.

: )

Room Tip: We chose the least expensive room, but it was still very spacious and more than sufficient for two a...
Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This old jam factory is wonderfully located and brilliantly renovated and for most of my stay I was very pleased. The abundance of original art and gorgeous bathroom made up for what was an otherwise fairly average room for a hefty price. But in the morning I found the towel hanging ready for my shower was dirty - a sure fired way to ruin a pleasant experience!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TheHenryJones, General Manager at The Henry Jones Art Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Marlzl,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is greatly appreciated and we practically use it in our training and development. In regards to the towel, we have bought this issue up with our Housekeeping Team in their team meeting and also our Laundry to ensure that our procedures are being adhered to at all times.

We have also made sure to speak to our Front Desk Team to ensure their actions in assisting with your issue were immediate.

Thank you once again for your review and please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rod Black
The Henry Jones Art Hotel

Been to The Henry Jones Art Hotel? Share your experiences!