“Great spot to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 429

You added Motel 429 to your Saves list
Motel 429
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   429 Sandy Bay Rd | Sandy Bay, Hobart, Tasmania 7005, Australia   |
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Launceston, Australia
“Great spot to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hi we stayed there for the first time while doing the toy run , the office staff was friendly we got to our room it was clean cosy . Just over the road from the casino was very handy you meal's and drinks . When we checked out this morning we booked again for the next toy run , if you want some where clean cosy and with friendly staff that has very reasonable room rate's check this place out .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

After a warm welcome from Judy, we were very happy with our clean modern room. We had 2 Queen size beds. The room was well equipped with quality bed and bath linen. There was freshly ground local coffee (or chocolate) with plunger and free wifi, which worked well. Lovely hot showers. The only down side - Sandy Bay Rd is busy with morning peak hour traffic. This was not a problem for us as we were not trying to sleep in. Well priced, staff very informative and room serviced every day. I'll be back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was attending a conference at the Wrest Casino & staying close by was great & this place exceeded my expectations. Room was clean & serviced daily & all my requests / questions were answered promptly with a smile & the onsite parking & close proximity to the city made getting around easy.

• Stayed September 2013
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel felt good from the start.
The staff were lovely and very welcoming.

Location is great as it is right across from Casino - but we were driving so it was also good for the ease of parking spaces in hotel driveway/courtyard.
Plus it was just $10 to get to Salamance in a taxi, so well worth the cheaper price compared to hotels in town.

Rooms are very neat, clean and modern.
Very good facilities in the room, best shower - super hot and super high pressure.

Had Austar and a DVD player also - which was great when weather turned awful.
overall excellent place with all that you need.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fraser Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed here twice now and I won't be staying anywhere else when in Hobart.
The rooms are all renovated and the beds are very comfortable. I loved over looking the river and being close to the casino means there is no shortage of food options. Supermarket isn't far away either.

• Stayed June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was in room 308 to start. It was very clean. It had everything I needed for just me and to be able to do some paperwork. Fit out was pretty new or in well maintained condition. Bathroom was somewhat small but again was very clean, functional and all I needed as one person. The queen bed was very comfortable and linen was crisp and clean. Nice size flat screen TV. The down fall in this area was that people smoke on the small balcony outside these rooms near the lift. I was awoken at 7:00am by the really strong smell of cigarettes filling my room. The reception was more than apologetic and moved me downstairs to room 206. This was a larger unit with two queen beds and a kitchenette with stove top and microwave. Far more than I needed but it was very nice of them and was no trouble for them. I could also prepare my own meal which was a bonus because the only restaurant nearby is the Casino. When I entered both rooms, the road noise was quite obvious. However, when I closed the windows I found the noise to be sufficiently diminished. I'm a relatively light sleeper and noise did not effect me on either night. I would not normally use a minibar because they are usually expensive. However this mini bar is reasonably priced, so I didn't mind using it at all. Makes sense to me to have reasonable prices, then people will use the mini bars, instead of the stock going stale and out of date! Overall for the price, this place has all you would need, is very clean, has parking (which is a bonus that many in the city motels do not provide for free), has a small gym (by all accounts- I didn't use it) and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Noise was not an issue for me, however if you are a light sleeper you may want to ask for a room awa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hobart
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The room at the front/roadside that we were given was clean and the bed comfortable but the noise from the road kept us awake all night and made the following day of appointments a great challenge. The Receptionist when we booked in was friendly but the Receptionist who booked us out hardly said a word. We certainly won't be staying there again as there are many choices. If you must stay opposite Wrest Point be sure to take some ear plugs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Motel 429? Share your experiences!