“More a motel than a hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hobart

You added Travelodge Hobart to your Saves list
Travelodge Hobart
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   167 Macquarie Street, Hobart, Tasmania 7000, Australia (Formerly Leisure Inn Hobart Macquarie)   |
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Sydney, Australia
“More a motel than a hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed in a standard twin room, it was very basic, nothing in the fridge, could just squeeze around the beds, a suitcase stand was provided however it couldn't fit anywhere except behind the door, the Power Points were a last minute thought you had plug into the floor, the kettle had to be placed on the floor as the cord wasn't long enough to reach.
The bathroom was the biggest let down, the shower sprayed onto the floor and the pressure required to wash yourself gave you pins and needles, the grouting around the shower was black which was very off putting. I could live with the small room, but I expected a better shower in a hotel. I saw notices in the lift well stating there had been a teeny renovation, perhaps this sign has been there a while..

• Stayed March 2014
Jessica B, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hobart, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear SydneyGirl3606

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to complete a review.

I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not the positive experience that I hope all of our guests have. On your next stay with us please consider our Standard rooms or Executive suites which provide a more spacious environment than our Budget Twin rooms.

We purchased the hotel in April of 2013 and have not long finished stage one of our refurbishment. We are currently looking into purchasing new lifts for the property which can take up to 18 months from purchase to completion of installation. We do understand that at times the speed of the lifts can be slow which is why we are taking steps to improve this to enhance our guests experience.

I want to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Tarah Urquhart
Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Arrived late after a booking mess up with alternative accom, so to be fair late at night I wasn't in the best frame of mind after a days' travel.But, 3 bedded room (all squashed up) tv didn't work other than for sports! Not terribly warm. You have to pay as you check in $187Aus. Breakfast definitely not worth the money they charge.

Stayed March 2014
Jessica B, Manager at Travelodge Hobart, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear smh111

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Travelodge.

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay and you are welcome to call me or email me to discuss in further detail.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Great location in central Hobart. 5 mins walk to Salamanca. Modern hotel. Clean rooms. Not luxury but perfect for weekend getaway or business. Friendly staff. Great value. Would definitely recommend / return.

Dear Sarahmelbourneaus

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Travelodge Hobart.

I am pleased to read that you found the hotel to be great value and in a great location for exploring Hobart. I am also pleased to read that you found our team to be friendly.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Hobart in the future.

Best Regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend for our 1 year anniversary and it's a very nice (whilst being affordable) place to stay. The place has been recently renovated and our room had air con, a great bathroom and a nice view. It's only a short walk to the Salamanca markets and the harbourside side area. The hotel has ample parking available and the staff offered friendly service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 3Amira

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed celebrating your anniversay with us and found our team to be friendly.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Hobart in the future.

NT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Recently renovated so everything fairly new and clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Basic accommodation and rooms a bit small - but it's central location makes up for any inconvenience in room size. An easy walk to Salamanca, the docks, museum and lots of eating places. Good breakfast locations nearby (we recommend Daci and Daci and Jackman and McRoss, both a couple of minutes walk away) and a good range of eating places around the intersection behind the hotel - less than 1 min walk. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear yayholidaysNt

Daci & Daci is one of my favourite places to eat in Hobart! They have the most amazing desert range :)

I am very pleased to read that you found the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Hobart and found our team to be friendly and helpful.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Room was clean, bed was comfortable, shower was strong, could open the window, had a small kitchen sink, so it was practical.

Couple of things that we were not impressed about:
(1) If you are tall, you need to be careful about the height of the shower frame. It is rather low.
(2) We stayed 3 nights and only on the first day, they provided the dish washing soup, kitchen tea towel etc. I am happy to do my dishes (such as tea cups) but would like to have dish washing soap and a clean tea towel as well. It is not user friendly, only creates more work for the housekeeping staff.
(3) There are 2 lifts. The left side one is a bit "odd". When nobody is there, it stops on level 2, when someone wanted to get off at level 2, it did not stop. An elderly gentleman told me this story and first I did not believe it, but it happened to us, as well as other guests. Maybe they need to do more "maintenance check" and take it seriously?
(4) Credit card surcharge - maybe you can delete it? It is not the amount of dollars that you have to pay extra, it gives us the cheap impression.

Small things are the ones that you remember and need to be taken care of .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jessica B, Manager at Travelodge Hobart, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear B747-400

I was pleased that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Hobart.

Best regards
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Travelodge Hobart looks newly renovated. The location is 5 mins walk to the Salamanca Market/ Place where there are many dining options available. You can also walk a bit further to the Constitution Dock where you will find fish trawlers selling fresh seafood and cooked seafood.
The room i book comes with a double bed and a single bed. It has beautiful scenery of the mountain.

Just less than 2 minutes walk away is also the Boutique Expresso along Macquarie Street that serves nice coffee. The boss is very friendly.

Walking distance to the city shopping area.

Apart from that the hotel staffs were friendly and helpful and the room is clean and fresh looking. I love the firm yellow colour pillow. Firmest pillow for my whole trip.

Only complain is that I wish the room comes with more cooking facilities and a bigger shower area and better instructions about guest parking upon booking as I drove into a very tight parking area to find out that it is not for guests. Guests parking is found at the basement of the hotel, via another entrance right after the one that leads to Travelodge Hobart reception.

Room Tip: I requested for a view of the mountain and I got one and the room wasn't noisy.