“Pretty Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hobart

You added Travelodge Hobart to your Saves list
Travelodge Hobart
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   167 Macquarie Street, Hobart, Tasmania 7000, Australia (Formerly Leisure Inn Hobart Macquarie)   |
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Perth, Australia
“Pretty Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 of my 4 nights in Hobart. Adequate & Clean but nothing stunning. Their room rate was probably $40 a night more than it should be, after the first 2 nights I decided to not stay the additional 2 nights there and went and booked into the Hotel Grand Chancellor for little more than Travelodge was asking. I Don't regret that one bit!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Jessica B, Manager at Travelodge Hobart, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Robbie P

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Travelodge Hobart.

I am sorry that you did not find Travelodge Hobart to be value for money as this is something we pride ourselves on, being a great 3.5 star hotel in a great location.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Hobart in the future.

Kind regards
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This hotel is in a great location, a short walk from Salamanca markets and a 5 minute walk to the waterfront - but you arent paying waterfront prices so its a win-win in my view. I booked this hotel as a surprise trip away for my fiance and was worried it would be sub standard due to other reviews (but the price made me book it anyway!) I dont know what hotel they were reviewing because this place is great. The rooms are quiet, modern, large and have lovely views of the hills. Yes the bathroom is small but its new, modern and clean which in my view is more important. If you are looking for a Hilton style luxury, you probably arent considering the Travel Lodge anyway, but if you are a normal traveller looking for a great hotel in a great location at a great price you cant go wrong here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear louchum

Thank you for taking the time to review Travelodge Hobart.

I am verypleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Hobart.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Hobart in the future.

Kind regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The hotel is in a good location, the room was very comfortable and had everything you would require. The kitchenette was fully stocked with the basics and I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel. The staff were friendly and efficient on check in and out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Jessica B, Manager at Travelodge Hobart, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Hella C

Many thanks for taking the time to review Travelodge Hobart.

I am also pleased to read that you found the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Hobart and found our team to be friendly and efficient.

Best regards
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

THree of us were accommodated in one room with a private bathroom. THe facilities were excellent, the mattresses were firm, the pillows comfy and the cleanliness was five star. Everything worked well, and the hotel itself is central to all tourist attractionsl Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Jessica B, Manager at Travelodge Hobart, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear naomi54

I am pleased that you found our facilities to be excellent and cleanliness as 5 star!

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I do travel a fair bit and have high expectations in customer service. I checked in the other night and was asked to give. Photo ID even though my expenses were charged back. I mean this is an old hotel in downtown Hobart, not crown towers.
The car parks are VERY small, I had trouble with a small car so don't even attempt with aSUV.
No dinner is offered at the restaurant. I asked where the nearest restaurant is and was sent all the way to Salamanca or NOHO
Even though I worked out that the ASTOR grill was just 2 minutes walk.
The rooms are very clean and modern. However they are very small and also noisy. I could hear the people next door and their TV.
I don't think I would be in a hurry to come back here. There is plenty to choose from.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jessica B, Manager at Travelodge Hobart, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Stephanie R

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to complete a review.

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay and you are welcome to call me or email me to discuss in further detail.

Melbourne Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed just one night and had a great room (813) with a view facing Mt Wellington.
Clean bed, sheets and bathroom. Spent only minimal time in room, perfectly suited to needs.
Close walking distance to the Salamanca area and city central. Reception very friendly and provided map of city with helpful suggestions.
Checked in and out with no problems and parked car in guest car park. Only one hiccup trying to leave the car park with the manager's car blocking us, ran back to reception and the manager was down in a couple of minutes.
Great location, would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ilovemelbourne

I am pleased that you found our team to be very friendly! I am also pleased that you found our rooms to be clean and well suited to your needs.

Albany, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I need to commend Olivia and Rebecca (2 young girls at Reception) who were extremely helpful during my stay. Olivia dealt with me the most and really went the extra mile to help me out. I had arrived in Hobart sick and needed to urgently see a doctor. Olivia checked me in and kindly searched for the nearest available doctor (it was a weekend) for me to go see which she quickly found and immediately arranged a taxi for me to get there. On my return from seeing the doctor Olivia was caring to ask how I was feeling after seeing the doctor.

I was checking out early in the morning for a 6 day tour around Tassie and Olivia kindly gave me a map, directions and accurate walking time (even considering wait time at the lights) to get to the meeting place for the tour so I got to the meeting place in plenty of time to start my tour.

I stayed in Travelodge for an extra 4 nights after my tour had finished. I was lucky enough to have the kind Olivia check me in again who was caring again to ask if I was feeling any better. Unfortunately I wasn't better and had to return to the doctor...so Olivia again promptly arranged a taxi for me to go see the weekend after hours doctor again.

Olivia's friendly, helpful and caring customer service was the best I've ever had at a hotel and much appreciated since I was sick throughout my holiday. She really deserves some kind of award.

The room was clean and breakfast was good. If you book breakfast the night before you get it at a cheaper rate. I've never had luck with a comfortable bed in hotels, but the bed I had this time was fairly comfortable...after my first night's sleep. The room is spacious. I stayed in a power saving room which I thought is a good thing to have. The hotel is in a great location, and within in short distance of many shops/cafes/restaurants/chemists/sites/transport etc.

Even though I was sick, I had a pleasant stay at the Travelodge and will happily stay again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear IrishAussie91

Thank you so much for your truly great feedback! We are all very happy that you found our customer service to the best you have ever had!

I hope you have recovered from you illness and are feeling better now.

I am very pleased that you have acknowledged both our team and the facilities in such a nice way. I will personally share your comments with all departments. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.

Thank you very much for naming Olivia and Rebecca to be standout employees.

I want to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Hotel Manager

Been to Travelodge Hobart? Share your experiences!