We stayed three nights in The Lenna whilst visiting Hobart for a wedding. We travelled with a large family group, staying in a 2 bedroom Family Suite with our baby and 3yo.
THE HOTEL & LOCATION - The hotel itself is a beautiful heritage building with impeccably maintained gardens, complete with fountains, flowers and other beautiful features. The Battery Point/Salamanca location is great...our room (on Level 3) had views over the roof of the adjacent building to the harbour, and is less than 200m to the Salamanca Market location, and just steps to the countless restaurants of the Salamanca area. A convenience store is located about 150m down Salamanca Place, which is handy for cheaper snacks, drinks etc.
THE ROOM - the Family Suite Room we stayed in featured a main room area in which the Queen sized bed, TV, mini-bar, couch, table etc, plus a second bedroom with two single beds where our children slept. The rooms are not self-contained (ie. no kitchen facilities other than the mini-fridge and jug). The rooms were very clean - but a bit underwhelming in that the decor and carpet was 'old' looking...which I found not at all charming or vintage, but worn and threadbare looking, as the furniture looked at least 20 years old and had more than a few small chips and dings. The bathroom however had been beautifully and recently refurbished, with shiny porcelain tiles and a heated floor. Overall, the rooms were comfortable.
BED - average comfort. An electric blanket was on the bed.
HEATING - rooms were nice and warm despite the cold weather outside, and the wall-mounted heating unit could be adjusted or turned on/off.
SERVICE & STAFF - reception staff were lovely, helpful and friendly; as were any housekeeping staff we had contact with. The Room Service staff member that we dealt with was absolutely hopeless, but I later found out he was in training so we were a bit more forgiving! The food we ordered was very nice, but we were disappointed that there was no kids menu available which meant ordering very expensive and grown up food for our 3yo, which hardly got eaten.
A few suggested improvements for the hotel:
- consider updating room decor to match the beautiful bathrooms
- add a children's menu onto the room service menu
Overall, it is a pleasant place to stay provided you are not expecting the most modern or luxurious room fittings, and the location and heritage character of the hotel make up for other shortcomings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on Hobart's waterfront amidst the colour of Sullivan's Cove and historic Battery Point and just a stones throw away from fashionable Salamanca Place and city centre. The stately National Trust mansion was built in 1874 whilst the accommodation wing, adjacent to the mansion provides a welcoming combination of traditional elegance and modern facilities. The guest accommodation wing comprises fifty spacious en-suite hotel rooms offering well-appointed living and superior comfort facilities including queen size beds with most rooms providing wonderful views of the magnificent harbour, majestic Mount Wellington or surrounding parklands and Hobart city. The Lenna King suites offer elegance and space overlooking the harbour & Constitution Dock. Atop there are two deluxe rooftop penthouse apartments which are the ultimate luxury indulgence with 360 degree views of Hobart. The luxurious and exclusive Lenna Penthouses undeniably represent the ultimate indulgence in apartment living. Situated on Salamanca Place and overlooking Hobart's picturesque waterfront and the many lifestyle attractions, including markets, craft shops, cafes, restaurants, art galleries and the historic precinct of Battery Point. The alluring 360-degree panoramic views of Hobart's harbour and mountains from the rooftop apartments are simply stunning. They feature 2 king bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with the added flexibility of a third bedroom/living area of 35 square metres if required. The two apartments occupy the top floor of Lenna and can be offered together to form a spacious 5 bedroom 4 bathroom residence with an expansive and luxurious indoor and outdoor living space of 430 square metres that is exclusively yours. Lenna Penthouses offer state of the art furnishings, comforts and technology you would expect of a superior five-star plus apartment. All rooms are fully air-conditioned with individual climate control for each room. To find Hobart's best dining experience look no further than Alexanders Restaurant, winner of many food and wine awards. Alexanders provides a modern international menu using the finest Tasmanian produce complemented by an extensive wine list featuring Tasmanian wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lenna of Hobart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lenna Of Hobart Hotel Hobart
- Lenna Hotel Hobart
- Hobart Lenna Hotel
- Lenna Of Hobart Tasmania