We stayed here for 2 nights and it was OK but in need of some improvement. The first problem we encountered was the lift. We got in with another couple, it went up 2 floors then stopped. After about 30 seconds it started going down and we were back on the ground floor. The other couple had stayed there before and weren't too fazed so we tried again and this time it took us to second floor and let us get out. We found the stairs (a bit of a higgledy-piggedly layout) and used them thereafter.
The room itself was dark. There was one small window which looked out on another building. The lighting consisted of 2 down-pointing lamps in either corner so not much use. The window had to be closed because staff were using the alley below our window for the cigarette breaks.
The bathroom was small and the water was difficult to manage, being either too hot or too cold (there was no inbetween!) The sink plug didn't fit. The shower tray was too close and the shower head was a little too low so I had to stoop slightly to wash my hair.
Having said all that I quite liked the place. The staff were helpful, the food in the bar attached was great. One night we had a guy playing the piano in there. The breakfast was good, they were still bringing fresh breads out 10 minutes before they stopped serving. The atmosphere was great and that's really what makes the place. A few little tweaks and it could be perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hadley's Orient Hotel Hobart is the one of the oldest boutique hotels in Australia. Originally constructed by convict labour in 1834, this National Trust listed hotel is a unique place to stay in the heart of the city. The property has been fully restored to reflect the Victorian era under the guidance of heritage experts. Hadley's Orient Hotel offers 71 guest rooms and suites, an onsite bar serving light meals, guest lounge, Traditional High Tea available daily (bookings essential), conference and event space, 24 hour reception including concierge services and complimentary WiFi throughout the property. The property is just 20 min from the airport and 5 min walk from the business and government centre of Hobart, Salamanca Markets, Constitution Dock and CBD shopping. Located right in the heart of the city, directly opposite the beautiful St Davids Church. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hadley's Orient Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Hobart Hadleys Hotel And Apartments
- Grand Accor Hadleys Hotel
- Hadley's Orient Hotel Hobart, Tasmania