Great location - a few blocks walk to Salamanca Place and the ferries, one block to the shops, one block to tourist info. The hotel had everything we needed - family room with ensuite and large comfy beds, large room, bath, windows opened. Furnishings, sheets, towels all good quality. We were on the 3rd floor and it was pretty quiet although the church opposite had a lot of bell ringings the weekend we were there. (Absolutely beautiful church and worth a visit.)
We had breaky in the hotel breakfast area a couple of days which was nice and great value, and another day at nearby Daci & Daci which reminded me of European patisseries and was fabulous. And the day we decided to catch the bus to Mt Wellington and walk down, we had to eat dinner in the hotel bar as we couldn't make it any further by that stage. (And that was after a radox bath!) The food in the bar was pretty typical pub food but done well and I enjoyed my hamburger.
Just a note of warning, the walk down Mt Wellington was serious! Took 2.5 hours with one small rest, stunning views. The path was very steep and rocky at the top and my knees ached after 15 mins. The path flattened out after about 1.5 hours into a contrasting rain forest environment. We caught the local bus from the bottom. The next day 2 of the 3 of us were so stiff we couldn't walk up the hotel stairs!
The hotel staff were friendly and courteous; there were quite a few newbies.
The only negatives were the room was a little hot overnight due to the wonderful warm weather and I had a fight with the air conditioner in the middle of one night. (Not the night after we walked down Mt Wellington, which was the best nights sleep I have had in 12 months!!!)
Overall, fantastic value for money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hadley's Orient Hotel Hobart is the one of the oldest boutique hotels in Australia. Originally constructed by convict labour in 1834, this National Trust listed hotel is a unique place to stay in the heart of the city. The property has been fully restored to reflect the Victorian era under the guidance of heritage experts. Hadley's Orient Hotel offers 71 guest rooms and suites, an onsite bar serving light meals, guest lounge, Traditional High Tea available daily (bookings essential), conference and event space, 24 hour reception including concierge services and complimentary WiFi throughout the property. The property is just 20 min from the airport and 5 min walk from the business and government centre of Hobart, Salamanca Markets, Constitution Dock and CBD shopping. Located right in the heart of the city, directly opposite the beautiful St Davids Church. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Hadley's Orient Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Hobart Hadleys Hotel And Apartments
- Grand Accor Hadleys Hotel
- Hadley's Orient Hotel Hobart, Tasmania