“???????????????” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hobart

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Hobart to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hobart
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   156 Bathurst Street, Hobart, Tasmania 7000, Australia (Formerly Mercure Hobart)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #29 of 47 hotels in Hobart

690 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

Our accommodation included a separate lounge, and spa in bathroom, and as it was at the end of the corridor, we had an extra window- bonus!! The hotel is a little dated but was perfectly adequate for our needs. We ate in the hotel for breakfast each morning (nice but nothing to rave about. One morning there was only margarine, but butter offered the second morning) and dinner each evening (really generous meals, good selection and great value). Got caught out thinking the plunger coffee in the room was part of the normal tea and coffee selection but it was actually part of the mini-bar. Wasn't charged when I explained there was no mini-bar pricelist. No decaf tea available in room or at breakfast. We stayed at this hotel as we were able to stay for 50% off the normal rate so have rated it great value. Sleep quality was good as the beds are very comfy, but the windows aren't double glazed so there is a little traffic noise which would bother light sleepers.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

Firstly I have never had to review a hotel but I think it is of great importance that I share my experience.
There were a few things that made you think twice about ever staying again, such as the lack of parking, the lack of quality the room and fitout of the hotel in general.
But this was nothing compared to the filthy bed with "those" type of stains on the valance, which in turn made me investigate the bed further (silly me), there was easily months of dust build up between the mattress and base and further stains, I emailed the manager without any reply, this is a copy of what was emailed:

Dear sir/Madam
On the 18th of December my partner and I were guests in your establishment and from the moment go it was not a relaxing enjoyable stay.
You may very well get a lot of disgruntled guests that email through but I urge you to take note of a few issues as this can be taken further.
Firstly your parking scheme is unacceptable, we parked downstairs only to be told that it is an extra cost and that the keys must be left at reception,
the lift was unable to be used to shift our luggage with ease, instead having to walk around the outside of the building and up/down a steep driveway.
But the main concern I have is that the bed was not hygenic! the valance had stains, which god knows what it was but it did look like semen...
I then lifted the mattress to find a large build up of dust and further stains, which had obviously been there a while.
This is DISGUSTING, and I question whether you or anybody you know would be happy to spend $120 on a room in this state.
I trust that you and your staff will take the correct measures to rectify this, however although I have stayed many times before, I won't be in the future,
nor will I recommend to others, this is unfortunate as it reflects badly on the staff and they were all quiet pleasant and well mannered.

If on the odd chance the manager cares enough to read this review, I have photo proof which I don't think others need to see.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Hobart? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN Hobart

Address: 156 Bathurst Street, Hobart, Tasmania 7000, Australia (Formerly Mercure Hobart)
Location: Australia > Tasmania > Hobart
#20 Luxury Hotel in Hobart
Hotel Class:4 star — BEST WESTERN Hobart 4*
The BEST WESTERN Hobart (Formerly Mercure Hotel Hobart) is located in the city centre, only two blocks from the main shopping mall. The hotel features local artwork in a contemporary setting, while the 140 rooms have recently been re-decorated to create a modern fresh feel and offer either city or mountain views. It is only a short walk to Salamanca Place on Hobart's historic waterfront, an area well-known for the many restaurants, cafes, bars and the famous Saturday market. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Tingo and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hobart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mercure Hobart Hotel Hobart
Accor Hobart
BEST WESTERN Hobart Tasmania

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN Hobart, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.