We spent one night here, and were greeted by very friendly helpful staff. Our room was pleasant. Walking distance to the City Centre and Salamanca markets. One thing that was disappointing was we had to pay for parking in the hotel. Would have been nice if guests didn't have to pay. Parking is very limited on the streets and only allows for 1hr parking during the day, until 6pm.
Be aware that Hobart is hilly, down hill to City and Markets for a few blocks. Quite steep to walk back with your parcels. Young people won't find this a problem, but if you're like me with dodgy knees, it is quite a struggle. Lots of walking to do in the markets, and then to walk back up the hill is not easy. Found the Best Western Restaurant a bit pricey, but found a lovely Indian Restaurant (Tandoor & Curry House) just around the corner, very reasonably priced and excellent food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Hobart (Formerly Mercure Hotel Hobart) is located in the city centre, only two blocks from the main shopping mall. The hotel features local artwork in a contemporary setting, while the 140 rooms have recently been re-decorated to create a modern fresh feel and offer either city or mountain views. It is only a short walk to Salamanca Place on Hobart's historic waterfront, an area well-known for the many restaurants, cafes, bars and the famous Saturday market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hobart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Hobart Hotel Hobart
- Accor Hobart
- BEST WESTERN Hobart Tasmania