Stayed here for three nights in March with my wife and nine-year old daughter. The best thing praise I can give is that I would return there in a heartbeat! The location is ideal, it is reasonably priced for the type of room (by American standards), the service was genuinely friendly and professional, and the suite we had was perfect for our needs.
Downstairs was a full bath (with tub and washer/dryer), working kitchen (with fridge), and living room area with television. Upstairs was a bedroom and full bath (with shower) and a loft sleeping area for two. There is no dining facilities in the hotel itself, but directly below were three or four restaurants, including one that was open daily for breakfast (quite tasty, at that). The only potential downer is that one of the restaurants is a bit of a night club on the weekends and is a bit noisy on the weekends - the rooms with the higher numbers are further away from this restaurant so it's not impossible to get away from this.
If you are spending ANY nights in Hobart, would definitely recommend them.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset On The Pier, Hobart Hotel Hobart
- Somerset On The Pier, Hobart Hotel
- Somerset On The Pier Hobart
- Somerset On The Pier, Hobart Tasmania
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Somerset on the Pier is an award-winning transformation of an early 1930s pier building, incorporating clean, striking lines of modern architecture with the historic exterior of a waterfront landmark. Each residence features unrivaled panoramic water views of the River Derwent, Hobart’s waterfront and historic Sullivans Cove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Somerset on the Pier, Hobart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.