Currently staying and have considered moving due to the exceedingly poor noise insulation between the rooms. This is an expensive accomodation option in Hobart and the noise is very intrusive. The room is otherwise fine. The room is clean and well maintained,the bathroom is large and the view is great. The king size bed is two beds pushed together which is a disappointment and uncomfortable along the join!! The "high speed " internet redefines the term and is expensive(as in most Australian hotels).I was given directions to an internet cafe "as it will be cheaper" by the hotel receptionist. I have found the staff very polite and helpful.Overall however, not worth the money and not recommended as there is similar standard accomodation at a better rate very close by. I would be happier to recommend it if the noise issue was not so significant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Somerset on the Pier is an award-winning transformation of an early 1930s pier building, incorporating clean, striking lines of modern architecture with the historic exterior of a waterfront landmark. Each residence features unrivaled panoramic water views of the River Derwent, Hobart’s waterfront and historic Sullivans Cove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Somerset on the Pier, Hobart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset On The Pier, Hobart Hotel Hobart
- Somerset On The Pier, Hobart Tasmania