“There for me when I needed them” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quest Savoy

You added Quest Savoy to your Saves list
Quest Savoy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38 Elizabeth St, Hobart, Tasmania 7000, Australia (Formerly Chancellor Savoy Hobart)   |
Ranked #29 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Wellington
“There for me when I needed them”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The best part of the stay is the staff. They are very friendly and go out of their way to be helpful.
Moved to Hobart for my job. I was told I would have temporary housing until I found a place to live. However when I arrived I found I did not have a place to stay. It was during a busy holiday and hotels were booked. The Quest made arrangements for last minute accommodations. I ended up staying 4 weeks until I found a home.
The Quest Savory is in the middle of town and all you need is in walking distance. The rooms are large and have a good sized kitchenette. Spa pool in the bathroom as well as access to other spa services at the Aveda Day Spa.

Room Tip: Rooms on Elizabeth Street are quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Spent only one day and night, the apartman room is huge, and a big bathroom as well, also kitchenette, it,s a really nice place and it,s right in the city centre. (This room is not in the main Savoy building but on the other side of the road.) The bed is nice and comfy. Would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Have just returned from a 10 day stay at the Quest Savoy. I booked online and we were very disappointed with the 'continental breakfast'. It is extremely basic and with wonderful cafes around, we would have been better off, both in variety and cost, by eating out. Some of the rooms are larger so speak with staff to ensure you have one of their better rooms.

The good points are that the Quest Savoy is very central to all transport and the staff is amazing. Our stay was quiet and convenient.

Room Tip: Speak directly with the staff prior to your arrival to arrange for a good room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

great location,clean and spacious rooms.but on the negative side there is a pub across the road which is frequented by students. We spent 2 nts and both the nights the pub was open past mid night till 2am. there was loud music playing. so we did not get sound sleep. the hotel has limited parking space. so we had to park the car on the street. there is free parking from 9pm-9am but after 9am it is quiet expensive. make sure you get a parking slot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SalTasmania, Front Office Manager at Quest Savoy, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Good afternoon - We appreciate your time taken to write a review regarding your stay with us at Quest Savoy. We have recently addressed the street level noise by adding double glazing to some of the windows in the Studio Deluxe Apartments. We also have approached the appropriate governing bodies regarding street level noise from the Pedestrian crossing. We pride ourselves as attempting to provide a pleasurable stay at all times and will do our best for all our guests.
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The staff here were first class, nothing was a problem, The rooms were more than adequate in size comfort and cleanliness. The air condition was a little tricky, but once advised, all ok. We had to be catered for with a party of four, and this was not a problem ... All in all, a pleasant and friendly stay ............ Altho "the golf wasnt that good " LOL

Room Tip: Talk to any of the friendly staff, although one who we would highly recommend is "Vicki" a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at the Quest Savoy serviced apartments on business over the last 3 months of 2012 and the staff there were fantastic. Nothing was a bother to them. Compared to other hotels in the heart of Hobart this place was quite reasonable. The location is right in the Heart of Hobart CBD and is close to the sensational fish restaurants and Salamanca

The building is old but the rooms are well maintained and very clean.

Room 303 has a bedroom with no window so it's dark and very quiet and every time I booked I was just automatically given this room!

Room Tip: Request an internal room for the best nights sleep. Or request a room on Elizabeth St
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Received a friendly welcome on arrival and was very happy with the spacious room I was provided with. For me the location was perfect, I had no issues with noise as mentioned by other reviewers, and enjoyed walking around central Hobart. I'm surprised at some of the poor reviews this hotel has recently received as I found it overall to be a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Quest Savoy? Share your experiences!