Its hard to get a sense of perspective on this Hotel - unassuming from the road it is a large multi storey motel set one road back from the wharf. After wandering down a relatively long hall way I opened the door to my one bedroom apartment. It was huge. Combined lounge kitchen, bathroom, separate toilet and a bedroom. It was a clean room - not luxurious but certainly well appointed. Quality toiletries, good linen, leather lounge, wall mounted flat screen television and split system air-conditioner (in lounge only, not bedroom - this may be an issue on a hot night). In the bathroom was a washing machine and dryer. The bedroom has small windows set at eye height and the lounge has a large window with a sliding door leading to a token balcony. Views are largely obscured by other buildings on the wharf side of the building. Two elevators service the Hotel and they can be a bit busy during peak check in and check out times. Breakfast was good with the cooked breakfast a good value buffet style set up.
In summary I found this Hotel a good value proposition close to many of the attractions Hobart has to offer. Worth considering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thinking Hobart? Think The Old Woolstore!Hobart's multi-award winning Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel has built a reputation among travellers as one of Australia's most welcoming and relaxing inner-city hotels. Renowned for spacious rooms and friendly hospitality, the property is centrally located a block from Hobart's waterfront and just a gentle stroll to Salamanca Place with its legendary market, restaurants, bars, galleries and waterside festivities such as the annual Taste Festival.Accommodation consists of a unique choice of fully serviced apartments and hotel rooms; the decor is contemporary and rooms immaculately presented. Apartments are fully self contained offering both laundry and kitchen facilities- perfect for preparing the gourmet produce you will likely collect on your travels through Tasmania!Hobart's best kept dining secret, Stockmans Restaurant, specialises in farm-fresh local produce and opens for breakfast and dinner daily. The Baaa Bar's blend of the old and new is the ideal place to sit back and relax with a glass of Tassie wine at the end of a day spent exploring the local vineyards and indulging in our world-famous offerings.All guests staying at the property can enjoy complimentary parking and use of the onsite gymnasium, guest lounge and business centre. Reception and room service operate 24/7. High speed internet access is FREE to all guests and is available in all rooms and most public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hobart
- The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel Hobart, Tasmania