We arrived in the early evening and were greeted by the friendly concierge, who showed us to a park whilst we checked in. The girls on reception were very cheerful and helpful each time we dropped by for anything. Our room was a studio apartment, which was spacious and well appointed, and whilst we didn't eat in the restaurant, the breakfast did look very good!! The hotel is situated at a quieter part of town, which is great for a good nights' sleep, but is still only approx 4 mins walk down to the pier area and the MONA ferry. The bed was really very comfortable, and although our unit didn't overlook anything more then the carpark, we were in the room so little, it really didn't bother us.
This was a great stay for a couple of nights, and very convenient for what we were after, which was a central hotel of good quality. I would recommend this to anyone looking for good accommodation in Hobart, and when next in Hobart we will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thinking Hobart? Think The Old Woolstore!Hobart's multi-award winning Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel has built a reputation among travellers as one of Australia's most welcoming and relaxing inner-city hotels. Renowned for spacious rooms and friendly hospitality, the property is centrally located a block from Hobart's waterfront and just a gentle stroll to Salamanca Place with its legendary market, restaurants, bars, galleries and waterside festivities such as the annual Taste Festival.Accommodation consists of a unique choice of fully serviced apartments and hotel rooms; the decor is contemporary and rooms immaculately presented. Apartments are fully self contained offering both laundry and kitchen facilities- perfect for preparing the gourmet produce you will likely collect on your travels through Tasmania!Hobart's best kept dining secret, Stockmans Restaurant, specialises in farm-fresh local produce and opens for breakfast and dinner daily. The Baaa Bar's blend of the old and new is the ideal place to sit back and relax with a glass of Tassie wine at the end of a day spent exploring the local vineyards and indulging in our world-famous offerings.All guests staying at the property can enjoy complimentary parking and use of the onsite gymnasium, guest lounge and business centre. Reception and room service operate 24/7. High speed internet access is FREE to all guests and is available in all rooms and most public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hobart
- The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel Hobart, Tasmania