Stayed in room 132 for a long weekend. The room was nice enough, a bit hard to watch TV from bed but some would say you shouldn't be doing that on holidays anyway! :-/ Plenty of space to move around and the room was well maintained. Also in a decent location with a short 5-10min walk to Salamanca and even closer to Constitution dock and the CBD.
Room 132 is a bit of a walk from reception and a pain to get to but it's hard to fault the hotel. Probably a 100m walk and if you have a car, add on another 50 to 100m depending on where you get a park.Yes, that's not really that far but when you just want to get to your room after a long day, it feels like an eternity.
We too had problems with noisy neighbours. I've never had to call reception about noisy neighbours so felt embarassed to do so but the noise was crazy and to the credit of reception they came knocking pretty quickly.The people in the room didn't answer the door but they were at least quiet after that. It sounded like people were doing gymnastics (no, not that variety) until the very early hours of the morning. The next night people were screaming and shouting and as they had access outside from their room (not the hallway side) they were out there shouting and laughing all night. I think the walls are too thin and the sound travels through the walls.
I would not risk it again so would say, if you value your sleep too, go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thinking Hobart? Think The Old Woolstore!Hobart's multi-award winning Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel has built a reputation among travellers as one of Australia's most welcoming and relaxing inner-city hotels. Renowned for spacious rooms and friendly hospitality, the property is centrally located a block from Hobart's waterfront and just a gentle stroll to Salamanca Place with its legendary market, restaurants, bars, galleries and waterside festivities such as the annual Taste Festival.Accommodation consists of a unique choice of fully serviced apartments and hotel rooms; the decor is contemporary and rooms immaculately presented. Apartments are fully self contained offering both laundry and kitchen facilities- perfect for preparing the gourmet produce you will likely collect on your travels through Tasmania!Hobart's best kept dining secret, Stockmans Restaurant, specialises in farm-fresh local produce and opens for breakfast and dinner daily. The Baaa Bar's blend of the old and new is the ideal place to sit back and relax with a glass of Tassie wine at the end of a day spent exploring the local vineyards and indulging in our world-famous offerings.All guests staying at the property can enjoy complimentary parking and use of the onsite gymnasium, guest lounge and business centre. Reception and room service operate 24/7. High speed internet access is FREE to all guests and is available in all rooms and most public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hobart
- The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel Hobart, Tasmania