I am not sure if I have reviewed The Woolstore before or not but have stayed here a few times. I am always happy with the room offered and the warm greeting on arrival. This is a well run, clean and comfortable hotel with various room configurations. The bed was excellent, aircon worked well (needed in Tassie in winter!!), nice bathroom with a good shower and dedicated free movie channels and Fox. All in all a very comfortable short stay close to everything.
Parking is free and very easy but can get harder if the place is very busy, just means a slightly longer walk. I did find the room service/restaurant menu a bit expensive and somewhat limited for an establishment of this size and quality. I found myself walking accross the road to Hogsbreath to get a steak and a glass of red there for nearly half the price (obviously may not be the same standard of food). I didnt try breakfast as i detest most in house breakfasts and dont even try them if i have a choice, they are expensive and more often than not dried up toast and watery egg style. Many good Cafe's within a short walk.
All in all a top place to stay in Hobart and always my first choice out of the places i have tried.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thinking Hobart? Think The Old Woolstore!Hobart's multi-award winning Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel has built a reputation among travellers as one of Australia's most welcoming and relaxing inner-city hotels. Renowned for spacious rooms and friendly hospitality, the property is centrally located a block from Hobart's waterfront and just a gentle stroll to Salamanca Place with its legendary market, restaurants, bars, galleries and waterside festivities such as the annual Taste Festival.Accommodation consists of a unique choice of fully serviced apartments and hotel rooms; the decor is contemporary and rooms immaculately presented. Apartments are fully self contained offering both laundry and kitchen facilities- perfect for preparing the gourmet produce you will likely collect on your travels through Tasmania!Hobart's best kept dining secret, Stockmans Restaurant, specialises in farm-fresh local produce and opens for breakfast and dinner daily. The Baaa Bar's blend of the old and new is the ideal place to sit back and relax with a glass of Tassie wine at the end of a day spent exploring the local vineyards and indulging in our world-famous offerings.All guests staying at the property can enjoy complimentary parking and use of the onsite gymnasium, guest lounge and business centre. Reception and room service operate 24/7. High speed internet access is FREE to all guests and is available in all rooms and most public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hobart
- The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel Hobart, Tasmania