I picked this hotel based on the reviews, and I would recommend it to others. It's a very warm welcoming place with a decent location with free parking. Room has all amenities one would require.
But my experience with front office is worth sharing for other travellers, as we checked in, as always my credit card no was taken for security, but afterwards I got an SMS stating I had been charged $10 by the hotel, I got in touch with reception, they tried refuting my situation and swiped my card again to prove their point, and I ended up getting another SMS from bank stating I had been charged$10 again. After much confusion in all I ended up being charged$30 from my card and reducing my limit hence.
I was offered 2 free drinks for $1 , an apology and a promise that it would be corrected soon, now I am back in India awaiting my credit statement.
- Also Known As:
- Fountainside Hotel Hobart
- Fountainside Hotel Hobart, Tasmania
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal address in Hobart for both business and leisure. Walk to the CBD, Historic Waterfront and Salamanca and it's an easy drive to all main attractions in Southern Tasmania. Quiet 4 star rooms with luxurious beds, and air-conditioning for a great nights sleep. Broadband internet, Austar, offstreet parking, breakfast and dinner prices available for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Fountainside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.