This was our first stop in Oz and after a marathon trans-pacific flight, we were really happy to finally arrive in Hobart. This hotel is very well situated and within walking distance to most attractions in Hobart. The reception area is very functional and the staff very welcoming despite being sold out (with lots of people still trying to get a room for the night milling around in the lobby).
Our room was average in size but quite comfortable. There was no tub in the bathroom. The bed was clean and comfortable. the famous minibar was priced just right.
We did not eat in the hotel but wandered down to the dock area and had excellent fish, chips and Tassie wine at the lower deck area of Mures. The next morning after a very, very early morning walk around the Domain, soldiers memorial area and botanic gardens (love that jetlag), we wandered to a local bakery for delicious scrolls.
All in all, this was a great 1st night. Clean, comfortable, quite hotel within walking distance to everything at a good price.
- Also Known As:
- Fountainside Hotel Hobart
- Fountainside Hotel Hobart, Tasmania
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal address in Hobart for both business and leisure. Walk to the CBD, Historic Waterfront and Salamanca and it's an easy drive to all main attractions in Southern Tasmania. Quiet 4 star rooms with luxurious beds, and air-conditioning for a great nights sleep. Broadband internet, Austar, offstreet parking, breakfast and dinner prices available for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Fountainside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.