“Clean rooms but noisy for business travellers” 3 of 5 stars

Wrest Point Motor Inn
410 Sandy Bay Rd, Hobart, Tasmania 7005, Australia (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #40 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Launceston, Australia
“Clean rooms but noisy for business travellers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2008

I have stayed at Wrest Point on a number of occasions while on business and thought it best to finally write up a review! I would like to make clear that when traveling on business my organisation chooses where I stay in Tasmania. I can choose where I would like to stay for business outside of Tasmania.

I had one night at the mountain side room. Check in was quick and efficient.

The room itself was clean and I would class as 3 star. It is adequately appointed with the mod cons one needs for a stay. It has a table and chairs, and my room even had an extra single bed. If you are after luxury (or a view) you will need to book a room in the Tower.

Since I was there on business with an early morning to follow, I made sure that all the amenities were available for the morning before I went to sleep. A hairdryer was not available so I rang to have one delivered to my room. While waiting, I realised that I could smell smoke in my room, and on opening my door to the corridor, it was very obvious that guests were smoking in this non-smoking hotel. When my hairdryer arrived, I mentioned this to the staff member who admitted, yes someone was smoking in a non-smoking hotel and then left! I did expect to have something done about this.

The room, bed, linens and so on are fine for a very well corporate priced business stay. However, the level of noise in the building may turn off business travelers. I could hear all noise from the corridor and the rooms next door. I did not have a very restful night which is so essential for me.

Breakfast was included in my stay and the staff at the Coffee Shop upon greeting me were not friendly. I am always a supporter of my home state of Tasmania and the tourism industry here, but when greeted in the morning with "room number?" instead of "good morning" I can see how tourists would leave this beautiful island with negative comments.

The food itself was ok, but I then had to prompt the staff to find out exactly what I was allowed to eat as part of the continental breakfast package!

Checkout was fast and efficient. If I had a choice of where to stay in the Sandy Bay area, I would personally opt for a B&B along Sandy Bay road over this accommodation (and the B&Bs are a similar price). Without a choice, it is a good room but noise can be a problem.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — Noise from other rooms and corridor
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)

Been to Wrest Point Motor Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wrest Point Motor Inn

Address: 410 Sandy Bay Rd, Hobart, Tasmania 7005, Australia (Formerly Comfort Inn)
Location: Australia > Tasmania > Hobart
Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool
Ranked #40 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your Wrest Point Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wrest Point Motor Inn Hobart, Tasmania

If you own or manage Wrest Point Motor Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.