We were lucky enough to have this hotel as a Wotif mystery deal, so it was well priced, we just didn't find out the name until it was booked, or the room style for that matter.
The room had a double and single bed, was tired, aged and outdated. It has a lovely view overlooking the water and the staff were beautiful. They were welcoming and friendly and always smiling.
Unfortunately the rooms and ensuite are old. There was a suspicious stain on the bedspread, the walls were orange with a white roof, with the exception of the bathroom which has a white tiles/walls with an orange roof. We had to close the bathroom door simply to get to the toilet (the bathroom was about 1mx 1m floorspace with the exception of bath/shower)
The shower over the bath was not pleasant- didn't look clean and we waited until we got to our next hotel to shower.
Money needs to be spent on this hotel, from the lifts to the rooms to the carpet. If they did that, it would a lovely place to stay.
Unfortunately as it stands I would not return, but of they refurbished I would return without hesitation.
Th corridors, lifts and carper also need attention.
I would like to finish by restating that the staff were absolutely lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an absolute Hobart waterfront destination at Wrest Point; with spectacular river and mountain views, many fantastic dining experiences - including the award winning 17th floor Point Revolving Restaurant - a range of entertainment and genuine Tasmanian hospitality. For accommodation in an amazing location, great service and quality food and wine, look no further than Wrest Point. Choose from 4 Star Water Edge Rooms or superb 4 1/2 star Rooms and Suites in the famous Wrest Point Tower that capture stunning views of the river, majestic Mount Wellington, Hobart city and surrounds. Equal access rooms are available on request in the Tower. Wrest Point also offers a choice of 5 restaurants and 4 bars, from one of Hobart's premier dining restaurants, the Point Revolving Restaurant to the absolute waterfront location of Pier One Restaurant and Bar; to Tassie's best cocktails and live music 7 nights a week in the iconic Birdcage Bar. Other key features include: - Free Wi-Fi in all accommodation rooms - Free FOXTEL channels - Individually controlled air-conditioning and heating in all rooms - All non-smoking rooms - Solid constructed rooms for quiet night sleep - Free car parking and valet car parking service available - Saturday shuttle bus service available to Salamanca Market ($5pp return) - Free access to health club with indoor pool, gymnasium, sauna and spa - Free access to onsite tennis court and mini-golf - Comprehensive 24-hour onsite security monitoring and staff - 24-hour Reception and Guest Services Desk - Water ferry services accessible from the hotel pier - Casino entertainment - Live international and national entertainment acts Enjoy the comfort, space and wide-ranging facilities of one of Hobart's premier hotels, a range of entertainment offerings and located close to Salamanca and CBD precincts. Wrest Point is the ideal base for your Tasmanian holiday or business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TravelClick, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wrest Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wrest Point Hotel Sandy Bay
- Wrest Point Landmark Hotel
- Hotel Wrest Point Landmark
- Wrest Point Hobart, Tasmania