“I will savour the memory of this place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 416 Restaurants in Hobart
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Reservations
Description: Bakers Of bread, Viennoiserie, cakes, patisserie & provisions. Full breakfasts, morning and afternoon tea, & lunch are offered in a bustling environment with professional service. Takeaways available, and child friendly.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“I will savour the memory of this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Yesterday four of us had lunch at Dacia Daci Bakery near Salamanca Place in Hobart. Earlier my friend and I popped in there for a coffee and after tasting one of the mini Danish pastries with our coffees, which were beautifully made, we called our husbands to join us there at lunch time.
The number of people queuing up gave an indication of the quality of the goods, and once we ordered and received out meals we could u deist and why.

The men had turkey egg and bacon slice and my friend had an asparagus and gruyerre tart and I had the smoked salad tart, all of which came with a green salad with a delightful dressing. The puff pastry in the men's meal was light and crisp and our tarts' light short pastry bases were continually commented on as we savoured the delicious fillings.
We all followed such a delicious first course with selections from the patisserie selection - a mini Belgian chocolate and raspberry tart, chocolate, vanilla and pear Breste and two summer fruit tartlets.
All in all a meal that we are all continually savouring again in our imagination. This is a restaurant we will visit whenever in the area.

• Visited March 2013

Brisbane
“Like a French patisserie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Beautiful old bakery with so many delicious delicacies! Sweet, savory, they do it all! Croissants are huge, fresh and delicious!

Visited March 2013
“Excellent food, horrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food and pastries with reasonable price, cheaper than expected for a cafe however staffs are horrible and unfriendly except for one Asian waitress.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NZ
“Excellent pear torte”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Fabulous meringue bought as takeaway for my husband. Excellent pear torte and coffee for me on site. This is one of the nicest bakeries I have been too. I have lived in NZ for 25 yrs and on this trip back to Tasmania I am left wishing we had a bakery like this in my home city. Very quick service and pleasant young staff.

• Visited March 2013
Port Macquarie, Australia
“A must visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have been here everyday since I arrived three days ago . Amazing cake & coffee . Definitely worth a visit while in Hobart