“Hobart from Helsal IV - WOW!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #7 of 86 Activities in Hobart
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Come sailing aboard the 62 foot luxury Sydney to Hobart Maxi, Helsal IV. Experience what it is like to sail one of these magnificent crafts; even take the wheel if you like! Come for just a few hours on the Derwent or plunge right into the adventure and sail away with us on a yacht charter to places unimagined. Whether you choose to play on the Derwent, escape to the wilderness, or something in between, you'll never look to the sea in quite the same way again.
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Hobart from Helsal IV - WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

For my mother' s 80 plus birthday my sister organized a half day trip on Helsal IV. So 6 middling agers and one teenager and the matriarch drifted out of the docks in beautiful autumn sunshine enjoying the beauty and uniqueness of Hobart and the penguins from the water. Later the wind came sneaking down the river and pounced wickedly giving us that awesome rush from the wind, the sea air and all the sounds and motions you can only experience on a yacht. A truly unique sensation in the comfort of older craftmanship, deep glowing timbers, luxury and space. Some members of our family even braved the 'freshness' of the River Derwent's water. We reluctantly returned to the dock in brilliant sunshine with sparkling eyes and the biggest smiles. It is a trip highly recommended for visitors and locals as you can really appreciate Hobart's history and position at the foot of that lovely Mount Wellington. Thank you so much Mark and Marshsa for sharing your beautiful yacht and delightful company and Skipper Luke's experience.

Visited March 2012

Blackmans Bay, Tasmania, Australia
“12 hours of Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I spent a full sunday with my family and friends including my 2 year old daughter sailing down the derwent on this magnificent yacht.
Mark and Marsha were ecxellent hosts, so friendly and easy-going. The crew were wonderful, great music played in the background if we desired. refreshments were always available, the actual yacht is just beautiful and the tasmanian coastline is stunning to see from the water.
My 2 year old daughter absolutely loved it and even had her two hour sleep in one of the cosy cabins rocked by the rythem of the sea.

It is an experience of a life time and something we will never forget
I definately recommend this to anyone both visiting OR local to Tasmania.
Fan-bloody-tastic!!!!!!

Visited March 2012
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
“Luxury!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Thanks for such a great day out on the Derwent! What better way to spend a 39 degree summer afternoon than onboard such a beautiful vessel. Everything was perfect!

Hobart, Australia
“Experience of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

A group of us went on a half-day sail with Tasmanian Yachting Adventures last weekend, and it was one of those days I'll remember for the rest of my life. Mark and his crew were fantastically friendly as soon as we arrived, and after a safety briefing we were underway.

The boat, the Helsal IV, was magnificent; it's sailed in a number of Sydney to Hobart races, but unlike dedicated racing yachts, it was beautifully appointed - teak decks and luxury fittings throughout. Everyone in our group was a little overwhelmed at being aboard such a beautiful boat for a whole afternoon; and what with a perfect summer's day, some nibbles and bevvies, and great company, we were having the time of our lives from the moment we stepped aboard.

When we dropped anchor for a swim down the river, Mark rigged a rope from the main mast and showed everyone how to swing off the bow and across the water - much hilarity ensued! :)

I'd highly recommend Tasmanian Yachting Adventures to anyone looking for a charter vessel for a few days, weeks, or just a few, unforgettable hours on the water. I can't guarantee you the perfect summer weather we had, but everything else - an awesome skipper, a gorgeous boat, and an experience of a lifetime - are well worth checking out!

Hobart, Australia
“No better way to spend the afternoon and experience the Derwent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

My friends and I love to go diving together, and on Saturday afternoon were lucky enough to meet Mark and his crew who took us for a sail along the Derwent. It was my first experience on a cutter, I leant a little about the sport and noticed that being under sail heightens the sensation of peacefulness and tranquility that being on the water always brings me!
It was perfect weather and we enjoyed a relaxing afternoon swimming and sailing with the crew of the Helsal IV, I would go again in a heartbeat!
Cheers Tasmanian Yachting Adventures!!!!