“Great coffee” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 439 restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: http://www.foodtourist.com/ftguide/Content/I7374.htmbest coffee in hobart, definitely third wave coffee
Albury, Australia
“Great coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Probably the best of the 3 places we had coffee at in Hobart today (Yellow Bernard was a close second). Yummy chocolate brownie generous enough in size to be able to share. More indoor seating than Yellow Bernard so we were able to sit for quite a while & enjoy reading the papers on a coolish day. Friendly service.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Hobart, Australia
“Food was nice but service could be much better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Went for lunch today to Pilgrim. Quite a small and squishy place and got a bit warm inside. I ordered a ploughmans han, cheese and tomato relish roll. The waiteress had a bit of attitude when serving, and I don't believe she cracked a smile once. The only time she was nice to me was when the Manager was next to us and watching her. The roll came out and was ham and lettuce with tomato relish. I noticed this half way through, and stopped one of the other waitresses and mentioned to her it was meant to have cheese in it. She apologised and asked if I wanted another. I declined, as i was already half way through and didn't want to have another roll and make a pig out of myself. I did want to mention it as it was quite expensive for what it was ($10) as it was a fairly small sized roll with only 2 fillings. A colleague who was with me suggested I mention it at time of paying as it wasn't worth paying full price for. I mentioned it again and she just said 'sorry' and charged me full price.
It's only a small complaint however I think considering it was a mistake on their end, they could have kept the customer satisfied by charging me slightly less.
The roll was still certainly tasty and other people I was having lunch with said their meals were enjoyable, but agreed with me on the lack of good service.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hobart, Australia
“Dam good coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

There is not a better coffee in Hobart, believe me I've tried to find it... These guys have a great restaurant, with outgoing and helpful staff and very good food.

Visited January 2014
Portland, Oregon
“First rate all the way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I am a coffee snob of the worst kind and this place blew me away. In addition the food was creative, top quality and the staff was as cool as the aesthetic.

A total home run!

“Is this what your looking for?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Short and sweet.

If you like your coffee searing hot, perhaps you should go to Mc Cafe. This place is for real coffee drinkers.

Food is unique. No plain bacon and eggs to be found on the menu. Great flavors. Reminds me of Melbourne.

Service is fast. Trendy young staff. Very helpful.

No fresh juices is a negative, but a small one. If you like your fresh juices, try a place on Mathers lane.