“Great for eat in or take away” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #187 of 460 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Hobart, Australia
“Great for eat in or take away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Recommended by a Vietnamese client > takeaway TomYum BBQ pork and prawn soup and crispy chicken wings last night then back today for a small lunch of Massaman beef and green chicken curry with rice. At $22 for dinner and $9 for lunch I was very impressed.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Authentic Vietnamese Beef Noodles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Vina has the most authentic Vietnamese beef noodles that you can find in Hobart. Price is reasonable in Hobart, and the waiting time is not too long.

Melbourne, Australia
“Shocking and rude service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I decided to give this place a try after most shops were closed during the Easter break. I ordered a spicy pork noodle soup which was on the menu which had pictures of various dishes that were on offer. After the food was served, I noticed that there seemed to be 2 different kinds of meat in the bowl. I asked the lady who seemed to be the wife of the boss behind the counter of the discrepancy between what I ordered and the what was served. She replied rudely that I ordered a spicy pork and beef noodle soup which was also on the menu. I did'nt see the picture of that when I ordered. My dish was listed as Special Spicy pork noodle soup. She said that I had to say Special Pork noodle soup to be served that dish and not spicy pork noodle soup. I replied that I did'nt order any beef and that I don't eat beef in accordance with my religious belief. I told her that she should either give me a refund or a bowl of the Special spicy noodle soup as could not eat the spicy pork and beef noodle soup. She refused to agree to my request. She was extremely rude! She claimed her english is poor and that I had to say exactly what was on the menu. Its an absolute joke! I never ordered any beef! She should at least clarify whether i wanted the pork dish or the pork and beef dish. And in any event, she should at least have the courtesy to refund my money or give me another dish. She insisted I was in the wrong and demanded that I pay full price for another dish. I would actually have paid for another dish but for the rudeness of the lady. Absolutely shocking and disgraceful service. I would never go there again nor would I recommend the shop to anyone. I belief there are other much better Asian shops in that vicinity. I had no other option that day due to the holiday period.

Melbourne, Australia
“Watch out for the rude wife of the boss!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Have been going there for over 5 years, as the asian food options in Hobart are very limited. Food is cheap and nothing special, especially when you are used to authentic vietnamese food in other capital cities and overseas.
Went there for lunch and was faced with a very rude lady (whom I found out later from the wait staff that she was the wife of the boss). She did not greet us or smile at us at any stage. I asked her if they accepted AMEX and she hissed "No!", without stating the other available payment options. I had to ask if they accepted Mastercard, to which she did not reply and just grabbed the card. After processing payment, she then left my card on the counter for me to pick up. Not a word of "thank you". Absolutely unpleasant lady who is devoid of charm.
I subsequently noticed that in her interactions with caucasian people, she broke into smile and thanked them but her demeanour towards asian people was quite hostile and rude.
The only saving grace about this experience was the fact that the chinese wait staff were a little friendlier than their boss.
Going to avoid this restaurant in future!

hobart
“consistently great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We are frequent lunch time diners here, and have always find the service great, and the food freshly made and delicious. The range offered is extensive, and our favourites include the prawn with chilli and lemon grass, the soups, and the Vietnamese spring rolls.I love duck, but I admit that I find the duck dishes here (as in so many asian restaurants) just too bony and finicky to eat. Otherwise, this is an excellent lunch time venue, and offers wonderful value for money.

• Visited February 2014