“Mixed Business all mixed up” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Hobart
“Mixed Business all mixed up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

Silly me- I thought the idea of combining a cafe and antique store was to cross-sell, but I was wrong! In search of a mirror, I wandered into the cafe section- which had a number of mirrors and other antiques on display. The proprietor asked if I wanted service- I replied "I'm looking for a mirror", and was rudely told to get out of the cafe, as the mirrors in that section were not for sale, antiques customers might disturb cafe patrons, and removing and selling a mirror would mess up the wall display. On commenting that I found his manner offensive, I was informed that my opinion meant nothing, as the proprietor was an expert in the hospitality trade and I knew nothing. I asked the proprietor and his wife if they understood the concepts of "customer feedback" and "word of mouth" and was told to get out of the shop and tell anyone whatever I wanted. So I signed up to Trip Advisor, to warn other hapless customers who value friendly and relaxed service to avoid this cafe!

• Visited January 2011