We stayed in both the 2- and 3-bedroom apartments in the Gibsons Mill building in Morrison Street.
The tariff is reasonable for beautifully designed, high-end finish apartments in a terrific location just a few minutes walk from Salamanca Square and the CBD. The apartments have great amenities, including a full kitchen, daily cleaning and competitively priced maxi bar. Part of a complex of converted, period industrial buildings, the apartments are spacious, airy and very new!
The get light in, a lot of glass and light fabrication has been used in the conversion. It looks beautiful but not be a bonus for family or couples or groups wanting privacy from each other.
Check in requires guests to first go to a different location about 5 minutes walk away. After hours check in is via a password protected safe at the 2nd location to obtain the keys. It's a slightly awkward process but is part of the downside of not having full hotel service.
The only other gripe is the downside of its stellar location - it abuts a popular pub with live music and on weekend evenings the noise is pretty substantial until late.
Reception and cleaning staff were helpful and cooperative.
I would definitely book again, particularly if I was staying on week nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sullivans Cove Apartments is a hand picked selection of boutique apartments located around Hobart’s vibrant waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Sullivans Cove Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sullivans Cove Apartments Hotel Hobart
- Sullivans Cove Apartments Hobart, Tasmania