“Very friendly, clean, and relaxing place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hobart's Accommodation & Hostel

You added Hobart's Accommodation & Hostel to your Saves list
Hobart's Accommodation & Hostel
3.0 of 5 Hostel   |   41 Barrack Street | Corner Barrack and Goulburn Streets, Hobart, Tasmania 7000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Winter Special
Ranked #18 of 54 Specialty Lodging in Hobart
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very friendly, clean, and relaxing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I would definitely stay here again. The hostel is roomy, quiet, and very clean. I liked that both younger and older people seem to stay here--it's a nice mix. People really use the living room to hang out, watch TV, read, etc. The ownership is easy going and friendly. The kitchen has everything I needed to cook my own meals, plenty of room to store food, and is thoroughly cleaned every day. It's within a 15 minute walk of pretty much everything in town. I felt very comfortable here. Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
hobarthostel123, General Manager at Hobart's Accommodation & Hostel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Hello my American Friend:)

It's people like you that make me want to stand up early in the morning and open the hostel for a long but fun day at work. Your words are so extremly nice and we are happy that you experienced your stay like this with us. It's true our hostel is loved by young Backpackers, Married Couples and even grandparents with their grandchilderen. It al mix up perfectly like you described. If you are ever coming back to Tasmania, don't forget to give us a call or send us an email:)

Thijs Emmerik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at a female only room. The room was clean and tidy. The staff was also friendly and kind.
However, in my 2nd night, 2 male stayed at female room. They were really noisy, kept open the door even in the night, and spoke loudly. I couldn't sleep well. Next morning I tried to ask to the hostel about it, but I couldn't because they were closed in early morning and I had to leave there.
I can't understand why boys stayed at female room. The hostel haven't explained about that yet. I think they should check their booking more carefully and return fee to me (Female only room is more expensive than mix room).What happened? I can't understand entirely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
hobarthostel123, Owner at Hobart's Accommodation & Hostel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hello,
I just have read your comments about your stay, if you stay in room 9 & 11 it would be just for ladies. I cannot explain why was a man over night in there, some people are smart !!! enough to book a ladies room and ( later - night) bring a man for some reason !!!
We have a night person, for emergencies and special cases as such, but he wouldn't know what's going on if guests do not complain about.
I only can say this case in indeed odd.
thank you again for your stay with us.
Kind regards
Tony
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We took the Hobart City Transfer from the airport cost AUD 17 per person, and was transferred right in front of the Hobart Hostel Accommodation. The reception was really friendly, and we were allowed to check in early at about 11 am. We stayed there only one night, 23-24 Dec 2013.

We stayed in their private room with a shared bathroom (cost AUD 70 for the two of us). We like our room so much, we love the street view from our room. Yes it was a little bit noisy, but we could sleep well.

The hostel was not that central, it's about 15 minutes walking to the city center. We rented a bike to explore Hobart and the hostel could provide a parking place for our bikes. Great! You may find our story exploring Hobart by bike in our travelblog tesyasblog.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Interlaken, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Cosy place about 15mins away from Hobart CBD. Hostel is clean, staff is very friendly and helpful. I did really appreciate that I didn't get charged for two nights when I missed my flight and informed the manager only with a couple of hours notice and only arrived the next day. Nice surprise is the free WiFi.

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My mother (who has never stayed in a hostel) and I stayed here for a week.

We had our own room which had amenities, which were clean and well presented. Linen was fresh and clean.

Upon arrival, we were given a tour if the place, greeted warmly. Nothing was ever too much trouble.
Kitchen has utensils galore and a massive fridge/freezer.

Security is a bonus!

A short walk into town, fast free wifi and a great location.

This hostel is of a high standard, highly recommended.
If ever I come back- ill stay again.
Thanks
Joanne and Judith

• Stayed January 2013
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great Service, the rooms were clean and the location is fantastic. Just a short walk to Salamanca and an even shorter walk to the bus terminal (to catch the airport shuttle). They have free Wifi which is a plus. Would definitely consider staying there again the next time we're in Hobart.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hello,
thank you for your stay with us, there is nothing to add about your review, you have had a great time your us, which is what we try to do everyday to our guests.
Hope to see you again sometime in the near future.
Regards
tony
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I booked a room with a king bed based on the website description, as it was the same price as the double and queen rooms. When I arrived, I was given a room with a single bed that they said was somehow a king. However, they did move me to a room with a double bed when I requested it. Front desk staff were a bit difficult to deal with, but the place was clean (including the shared bathrooms) and was otherwise a good deal.

Room Tip: Beware the rooms marketed as king rooms - they contain a single bed rather than a king bed.