“A truly wonderful experience - thank you!” 5 of 5 stars

$1,790*
and up
Ranked #179 of 304 Activities in Tasmania
Hobart, Australia
“A truly wonderful experience - thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I went on a Freycinet Experience trip in April last year. I was extremely impressed with the level of care and personal touch that were part of the whole experience. It is a small operation and you really feel the personalised service, not one of the masses at all. Claire the manager is super friendly and easy to deal with. I think there were only around 10 of us on the trip, ranging in ages and different countries. Our guides Hannah and Jodie were really great, nothing was a problem but they left you to yourselves when you needed it, and they seem to genuinely love their jobs. One highlight was the food prepared by the lodge managers/hosts, simple but with great flavours and beautifully cooked. All the carefully selected Tassie wines were superb too. Just what you need after a big walking day, a nice hot bath and glass of Tassie sauv blanc! It was the first type of 'guided' trip i have ever been on, and I would recommend this one. Its a good length (4 days), Freycinet is beautiful (as is Friendly Beaches where the lodge is located, just around the corner from Freycinet) and you don't have to sit in the mini-bus for very long (trip leaves from Hobart). I believe they are now doing combination trips with MONA, which I think would great too.

Visited May 2012

London Ont
7 attraction reviews
“Wonderful customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Tasmania this January during a month-long stay down under. We had booked and were looking forward to the Freycinet Experience but were greeted unfortunately by the raging bush fires. Claire at the office of Freycinet Experience contacted us with the bad news that Freycinet Park was closed, but that they had arranged an alternate trip with another company, Maria Island Walks, who offered a similar product. We had the choice to take the trip or get a refund. Claire was extremely concerned, patient and helpful and came to meet us and see us off at the office of Maria Island Walks. We were very impressed and hope to get the chance to visit Freycinet Lodge in the future.

Visited January 2013