“Beautiful inspirational location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kangaroo Island Health Retreat

Kangaroo Island Health Retreat
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kangaroo Island
Kangaroo Island Health Retreat
You added Kangaroo Island Health Retreat to your Saves list
Emu Bay, Kangaroo Island, South Australia 5223, Australia   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Kangaroo Island
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful inspirational location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

I just got back from a detox program at Kangaroo Island Health Retreat I look and feel fantastic overall I lost 5kg, I can finally do up my jeans!

Emu Bay, Kangaroo Island is a truly inspiration location and I loved going swimming every day. The retreat was exactly what I was looking for after I’d been indulging a little too much over Christmas/New Year and I needed to get healthy.

I saw the other trip advisor reviews and felt compelled to comment on my own experience because I truly feel inspired from my stay. The rooms are simple but well appointed with views over the bay I had a private bathroom and was definitely comfy. I enjoyed all the exercise and I found Sue (the owner) a great motivator. The nutrition lessons were really informative in fact I’ve already started putting them into practice!

Overall I found the experience truly worthwhile. It is a detox retreat (which is clear on the website!) I suppose if you want to sit around and be pampered it probably isn’t for you, however for me it was exactly what I wanted and needed. I’d definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Families
Couples
Business
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

this place is a rip-off, the KIHR website is misleading. By an average persons standards the fitness classes, yoga, pilates, aerobics at KIHR are unprofessional and bit of a joke. Like the 4 reflexology sessions that are basically sticking your feet in a foot rubbing machine bought at an airport? Surpirisingly heating is only available in the communal area, so definitely give the winter months a miss. With no heating allowed in your bedroom it gets freezing if you want alone time. All in all for the kind of money KIHR are asking if you are travelling from a state other than SA you are better off going OS to a genuine health retreat in Langkawi or locally in Australia

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Kangaroo Island Health Retreat? Share your experiences!