“Marron lovely!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: A Unique 3 in 1 experience - Not to be missed by locals or visitors! Come in and sample some of our well-known Two Wheeler Creek wines, whilst having a look around our Marron tanks. A friendly staff member will have a chat to you about the Marron Farm, and answer any questions you may have. We grow Native Australian Lemon and Aniseed Myrtle which we have created some beautiful Bush Tucker sauces out of. All made here in the Cafe. A bit hungry? - Head on into the Marron Cafe where there a several lavish options with Hot or Cold Marron, as well as other scrumptious meals. Enjoy a glass or bottle of our Two wheeler Creek wine. Kids Menu Available. All meals are oven baked... No deep fried food!
melbourne, australia
“Marron lovely!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I'd never tried it before and as we did the tasting in the winery beforehand I decided to trust the girl in there as I told her I didn't like lobster or fishy fishy, but loved prawns. She assured me i would like it. She was so right.. Oh my goodness I loved it! Had the entree marron cocktail just like a huge prawn but with a beautiful texture.....

Visited June 2013

Brisbane, Queensland
“Food was fine but had to wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had been looking forward to this lunch on the island and the drive on dirt roads didn't bother us however there seemed to be a problem with staffing as we had to wait for 70mins from order to mains....food was fine, wine good, but I must admit the wait did take some of the shine off the experience :-(

Visited June 2013
Canberra, Australia
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch. I had marron with chilli and lime butter, rice and pickled veggies and my friend had marron Mediterranean salad. Both delicious and generous portions. Pickled vegetabkes were good but very bracing. Finish with the narron and buttery taste!! Atmosphere was relaxed Service was friendly and efficient. We should have left time to spend the afternoon there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ft. Lauderdale, FL
“Just Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I drove 14km on a dirt road to get to this restaurant. Locals said it was very good. They were correct. The lunch special was baked marron, jasmine rice and salad, $36.00. The marron was perfectly cooked. I also had their Haloumi cheese on bread, $10.00, drizzled with some sort of sauce. That was also wonderful.

When you turn down the dirt road you might ask yourself as I did, could this really be worth it, really?. The answer is yes. It was one of the best meals I had in my 5 weeks in Australia. Nothing is cheap in Australia, but I felt this was value for the dollar especially since there is basically no tipping in Australia. A real treat. Check the times as when I went they had shortened hours.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kangaroo Island
“Beautiful fresh produce, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a great lunch at the marron cafe, the food was incredible, the wine that they grow themselves was fantastic too, would totally recommend to all, if you haven't visited yet, your missing out

• Visited October 2012