“Best Birthday Night Ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 1,355 restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Located 5 minutes from the CBD in the elegant State Heritage building (Commercial Hotel)transformed into 3 areas, Enzo's Ristorante, Pizzeria and Bar, next door to the Adelaide Entertainment Centre. Free tram transport from the CBD to Hindmarsh.
Adelaide, Australia
“Best Birthday Night Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We dined at Enzo's on Friday Night for my partners Birthday, Was the most fantastic service and food we have ever had. We shared an entrée and then had steaks for mains... Im seriously fussy about my meat and it was cooked perfectly. We even managed to squeeze in desserts Baileys Pannacotta was to die for!! Thank You to Enzo and his fantastic Staff for the wonderful night.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
tere1961, Public Relations Manager at Enzo's Ristorante, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Enzo's. Your lovely comments will be passed on to our wonderful staff who work hard to provide the best traditional food and service here at Enzo's. Our goal is always to provide traditional Italian food, accompanied by good old fashioned service.

We look forward to serving you again soon in the near future and we thank you for your appreciation.

88% Recommend
Adelaide, Australia
“Disappointing and overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had been looking forward to trying Enzo's for a long time, having heard and read many good things.

Unfortunately our experience suggests that Enzo's is a casual Italian cafe masquerading as a fine dining restaurant.

The basic problem was that for the prices charged, the food simply wasn't that great. When mains are mostly in the $30-40 bracket, one doesn't expect overcooked pasta or tough osso bucco, but unfortunately that is what we got. Starters were better, but were nothing to write home about - fairly generic arancini, for example. Presentation was also uninspired - pasta was simply dumped into a bowl and served up.

My main was a pasta with mushrooms and truffle. This is the type of dish which needs to be delicately cooked to ensure that the flavours are balanced and enjoyable. Instead I got a huge bowl of overcooked pasta absolutely drenched in super-rich truffle flavour. In the end I could only manage about half of it, mostly due to the overpowering flavour.

Service was on the whole ok, although when I asked for a specific type of beer I was presented with something different which had already been opened which was close to what I ordered, but not what I ordered. It was fairly clear our waiter didn't know the restaurant's own beer selection.

The other issue we had was that our mains were incredibly slow to come out. I suspect this is the reason for the overdone pasta and tough meat - my guess would be that one dish was taking a long time, and the others were not well timed. I would say that it was at least an hour between our first and second courses. Because the first course was quite large, none of us were even hungry by the time mains actually made it to the table.

Overall a bit disappointing, and in my opinion there is much better Italian to be had in Adelaide (try Felicianos or Pizza e Mozarella for example).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Excellent service and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We visited as a family group of 7 on a Saturday evening to celebrate a special birthday and right from the start was impressed with the level of customer service. Our requests were never too much trouble and the young lady looking after us all evening was friendly, professional and has an amazing memory. She did a great job on a busy Saturday night and is a credit to the team at Enzo's.

The food was delicious. Everyone enjoyed their meals, which were good value for money. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Enzo's to others.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide
“An old favorite that never disappoints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Enzo's has moved to new premises since my last visit but the food and service continues to be the highlight. Our party of 10 enjoyed an evening of great food and good wine. Meals arrived promptly and all were of a high quality. Prices are reasonable compared to similar quality restaurants. Location is great, adjacent the Entertainment Centre and on the free tram line from the city - a quick 5 minute ride.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide
“Ordinary meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We finally got a booking which was eagerly anticipated. We were seated in large room with many other diners so it was noisy. When you eat at an expensive restaurant you expect a lot. There were diners in T shirts ? little kids running around. Service was prompt.It took longer to get a drink than our entree. Entrees were good. 6 diners 2 ordered veal which 2 sirloin on bone. they veal was poor & to their credit they refunded the cost of those 2 meals. Both our steaks were huge but gristley & tough. You should get better than this given prices. Would we go back -never, they lost another potential booking that one of our group were going to make. Ive heard how popular this restuarant is but cant think why based on our experience. Much better value elsewhere. Last issue it the parking... abysmal

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
tere1961, Public Relations Manager at Enzo's Ristorante, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Firstly, let me thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and for your feedback. We welcome your comments, as it gives us an opportunity to attend to the issues at hand and also to explain our position on some of the comments you made about the ordinary dining experience. As there were a few issues which were negative, I will try and go through one by one and hopefully it will shed some understanding of the mishaps of the evening.

Enzo's is a traditional Italian restaurant, and we do our best to provide the best quality products with warm and welcoming Italian hospitality and old-fashioned traditional service. Your valued objective about diners with T-shirts may be warranted but I can assure you we do have a neat casual dress code, and unfortunately these days many young patrons have an individual style of dress code. It would be unfair to discriminate patrons who choose to dress in a particular style. I would agree though, that like you, I also appreciate a slightly more dressy look, but we are not all the same in this modern society.

We, here at Enzo's do not discriminate against families with children. Our ideal is to treat everyone as if they were our family, and that includes families with young children. We do appreciate that it is nice to go out and have a quiet dinner with friends, but on any given night at Enzo's the ambience may be a buzz with people laughing and mingling or celebrating a special occassion which can sometimes get a little noisy. Given that the main dining room you were in seats up to 100 people, it can be hard to keep the noise to a minimum, and we're sorry that spoilt your evening. Please note that Friday and Saturday nights can sometimes be a little louder than usual, and usually other evenings are a lot less noisy. My suggestion would be when making a booking, you may suggest that a quiet seating area would be preferred.

The main feedback regarding the food is what concerns us greatly, as this is something that we can control and I can assure you that Enzo himself deals directly with suppliers and will be attending to the quality of the steak that was not to our expected standard. I am pleased though that on the evening the waiter did not charge you for your 2 substandard meals, and I understand he felt terrible that you didn't enjoy your meals, offering you the opportunity to order something else, which I understand under the circumstances you denied.

In regards to parking issues, we are aware of this, as you may have noticed that the Adelaide Entertainment Centre carpark is under construction and this is causing some concern of which we are dealing with at the moment. Hopefully this will be resolved once the carpark is completed. We are sorry that you will not give us the opportunity to show you what most of our patrons keep coming back to us for, but we hope you change your mind and give us another opportunity at some time, hopefully next time you may have a better experience.