“well worth being trip advisor's no. 1” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 1,355 restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Located 5 minutes from the CBD in the elegant State Heritage building (Commercial Hotel)transformed into 3 areas, Enzo's Ristorante, Pizzeria and Bar, next door to the Adelaide Entertainment Centre. Free tram transport from the CBD to Hindmarsh.
Melbourne, Australia
“well worth being trip advisor's no. 1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I don't go to italian restaurants very much and only decided on this one because it was TA's no. 1

The food was glorious...started out with bread and 2 olive oil dips (delicious)...then I tested them out with the mushroom risotto because I very rarely get a good risotto or mushrooms that have that great mushroom taste..this passed with flying colours...the wife had veal scallopine...tender,delicious and a big serve. Can't remember what the wife had for sweets but she did like it.

Just a quick note to the australian waiter who maybe is only learning ...(1) after giving the desert menu don't then ignore the customer for the next 10 minutes until he gets antsy and has to call someone else over to take the order...(2) after giving the bill don't ignore the customer for the next 10 minutes until he gets antsy and gets up and goes to the register himself

The price was very reasonable for the quality of food...the tram ride up from the casino is free...and I would like to eat my way through their menu

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Adelaide
“Service was good, pasta was overpriced under garnished”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked thinking we were booking for pizzeria, but unfortunately we booked for the ristorante. Maybe we ordered the wrong thing? The gnocchi quattro fromage was a sea of unbroken beige. No garnish, no flavour apart from cheese! At $25 this was really substandard. The other meals going out to surrounding tables looked much more colourful. Perhaps i should have opted for a meat dish.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Another of my favorite restaurants in Adelaide, with great food and service.
Tremendous atmosphere and it is always impressive to be able to see the Chef preparing your meal in the open kitchen.
Great wine cellar too.

Visited April 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“One of the best Italian restaurants in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Exellent foods (good flavour - very authentic flavour, good portion), excellent service.
I've been to many Italian restaurants but Enzo's is one of the best for sure.
Would recommend to everyone.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Australia
“Lovely Italian restaurant with beautiful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were given a night out at Enzo's by our daughter and had a voucher for $250 to spend there. The restaurant is lovely with a very mediterranean feel with the hand painted walls. We were in a side room and later on had a party of children celebrating a holy communion or something, next time we will ask for a table in the main dining room, I think the atmosphere would have been better in that room. Beautiful chandeliers, fantastic service.

Both my husband and I had the Oxtail Ragu with pappardelle for our entrees and it was amazing! Then for mains we both had steaks, the Angus Beef for me and the porterhouse for him. Both cooked just the way we asked and mine was served with a potato bake and beans (cooked to perfection) and a mushroom sauce - lip smacking!

We had 2 glasses of champagne, 2 beers, 1 glass of Babich sav blanc and a bottle of Woodstock 2010 'The Stocks' shiraz (the bottle was $80)

I was a tiny bit disappointed about the deserts, which i felt were limited and the dessert I chose I was disappointed in. My husband chose a mixture of gelato flavours (I tasted the lemon and that was truly divine) I chose a chocolate pudding (panna cotta type) thing with amaretto biscuits - just not anything to write home about. I should have chosen the cheese which was my second choice.. never mind, we enjoyed our evening and the bill came to $278.60 which was for three courses each + drinks We had trouble getting a booking - so book well ahead!

• Visited April 2013