“Treat yourself to a wonderful tasting and tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 1,355 restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Australian, Winery
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Adelaide, Australia
“Treat yourself to a wonderful tasting and tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The family bought me a tasting and tour experience and it is one of the best things that I have done. Starting at the cellar door whilst waiting for other tour members to arrive, I sampled a couple of wines. A very knowledgeable guide took us through the whole process of the winery, including the old Penfold home. Then we went down into the cellars below ground where a table was laid waiting for us. Cheese and biscuits and a selection of fine wines, including the famous Grange were set before us. At the end, we were given a substantial discount on any wines that we purchased. It was a lovely experience, one which I am keen to repeat.

Visited January 2012

76% Recommend
“Great historic winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The home go the grange.... Don't miss it, great wine, great buildings, lovely staff. We purchased the port, and the Chardonnay and Shiraz. Took friends they loved the experience

Adelaide, Australia
“State sports award 1992”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I know this was along time ago but our experience was very enjoyable.
Food & service was great and to top it off I received an award

“Ripped Off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Booked for 12 and although the torrential rain that day stopped 2 people attending we were charged for their 2 meals (although no extra servings were presented to us). Were not talking a small amount the restaurant bill was in excess of $1300. Manager contacted me after I complained and gave me some story about the management changing at that time. I was promised another complimentary meal for everyone involved and when the time time to deliver it, it never happened. Contacted him again and emails & calls were never returned. From that experience and everybgody we all knew who learned of the experience we all had. I would say they had 2000+ people who would never attend there.

Adelaide, Australia
“Fine dining at it's best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Save up before you come here for a very special occasion but once you do get here, do not hold back! Experience a different wine with each course, as recommended on the menu. I'm so glad Adelaide has a venue like this for truly exquisite and special occasions. Get there before sunset so you can watch the vineyard change colours as the light fades.