“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #534 of 1,389 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Stella is coastal dining at its best, open seven days a week for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. We offer a selection of Tapas, main courses, pizza and pasta dishes to suit all ages. Outdoor dining over looking the beach is avaialble as is a selection of cakes and coffee's if you have time for a quick visit.
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was very disappointed to discover that the mezze platter was no longer available! We cycle down Linear Park for my birthday every year, and have always enjoyed the mezze platter for lunch. What we had was nothing special, and so will probably try somewhere else for lunch next time.

Visited November 2012

“Left hungry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Stella is a well located restaurant on the beach front. Decor is simple and service is good. Food is also nice but is now getting expensive for what it is. With a discount voucher it was much better. Had a lambshank which was very nice just not enough of it. Pizza was good and a more satsfying meal.

Have been to Stella several times over the years as we live close by but it seems to lack value. If you ignore that I think its still a good restaurant, particularly in summer.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clare, Australia
“very busy restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

When we arrived for a lunch with our friends and my son and his fiancé, I could not believe how busy the place was. We had to wait a long time to get a pre luncheon drink, but we certainly understood why, as they had a christening, a birthday party and another large group. The friendly staff were certainly earning their wages. When we received our drink the girl who bought them to us also took our order. We did not have to wait long for our meals to arrive at the table, and they were hot and delicious. We ordered a second bottle of wine and you could tell that the staff had caught up with their tables and the place was working very smoothly. My Spaghetti Bosca was really good with the pasta al dente and the flavours were superb. My partner had the Risotto, and he really enjoyed it. My son had the salmon and he enjoyed it. His fiancé had the Penne Pollo and she liked hers. Our friend had the Flathead and he said the batter was light and the fish was tasty. His wife had a steak and it was cooked the way she requested it and it was very tasty. So as you can see, we got a six out of six. The restaurant has a lot of atmosphere and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We will definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Overpriced, avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The service was poor, unable to get a drink, no condiments on the table-food was bland and cold when it got to the table. The toilets were filthy, with overflowing bins. And to top it all off, one of my dining friends had glass fragments in their dessert!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Flemington, New Jersey
“A beautiful setting for a great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I spent an afternoon at Stella with two of my cousins during a recent visit to Adelaide. The setting, on the foreshore by the Henley Jetty, is beautiful and the building, an old snooker hall, has been converted into a n inviting, casual dining room. My kangaroo dish was excellent as was my wife's veal scallopini. The other two at the table told me that their meals were too good to share, so I can only comment on our two dishes.
Even better than the excellent food and extensive wine list was the attitude of the staff. They quickly saw that we wanted to sit and catch up on events in each others' lives and responded by providing ample time between courses to enable us to share a liesurely afternoon. The coffee was great too.
The bill was a bit high, but my cousin's choice of an excellent Care Valley Reisling (twice) helped push it up. The restaurant accepted his dining club coupons so that made it a reasonable price for a most memorable afternoon.
The Stella is highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013