“best thai” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“best thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

we love this restraunt, we go at least once every 2 months, and order the banquet for 2 ( that includes a bottle of wine or 4 beers) we can never eat all the food! and there fried icecream is amazing! They have just opened a new restaurant on goodwood road, I only hope they dont take all the old staff with them!

pasadena
“No chili set, pad thai noodle dominated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Nice ambience, but what Thai cafe doesn't have the traditional set of 4 bowls of chili, with vinegar, with soy, dry, and with fish sauce? My pad Thai had no discernable peanuts, which should always be served so you can mix them, and was a mass of tomato flavored noodles with a single sprig of cilantro. Small bowl of Tom yum soup with nice taste was 10 bucks.

Ok, but they need some rework.

“Food good, drinks pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We've eaten here several times as the food is good, but don't understand why they charge $14 for a glass of wine. Suggest that they drop the price to $7 - $8.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide
“Ho hum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Thai restaurant to go to if you want Thai food but don't feel like walking 300 metres up the road to Cafe Michael 2, or driving down to Gouger St.

My wife and I came in with just such circumstances, and it was ok. Nothing more. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't good. There wasn't any soap in the men's bathroom, but on the upside there was in the women's.

We asked for Sang Choi Bow to share for entree. The chicken and veg mince was okay (smothered in soy sauce) but served in one limp lettuce leaf, which was clearly ornamental. Like they'd seen a picture of Sang Choi Bow but never visited a restaurant that did it properly.

Wine was nice, but then again I don't think they can claim credit for that.

Mains next. My mango chicken was flavourless. But on the upside it didn't taste actively bad either. My wife's green curry duck was very nice. In fact she's still eating it as I write this review.

So in summary, it wasn't terrible, but life's too short for us to come back again.

Adelaide, Australia
“YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This thai restaurant is absolutely delicious. I must admit that I'm not overally adventurous with their food - I almost always order their Singapore noodles which are the best I have ever had!

My friends always order the pad thai which is apparently one of the best pad thai meals in Adelaide!

Don't hesitate to go for lunch! And get some use out of the Entertainment Book if you get a chance. But one word of advice, don't order the frozen fruit cocktail. It's horrible.

Enjoy! :)