“The one in North Adelaide” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Adelaide
“The one in North Adelaide”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The one in North Adelaide is poor, dont bother with that one. Not very nice surroundings, felt a bit creepy actually. Dont know if all Montezumas are the same though.

Visited October 2011

Adelaide
“Decent Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Decent Mexican food that's quite value for money. The food has really nice home-made quality to it.

Visited December 2011
London
“Looks authentic tastes bland”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I thought we'd try the place out as it looked pretty authentic. Our food was poor however and we never went back. Sometimes a restaurateur needs to understand you might only get one chance.
There was no one else in the place and this was probably the reason why I've seen more atmosphere at a wake, but this wasn't our main gripe. I rarely complain about food as I'm quite easy to please. But I felt I had to as mine was like a plate of slop, and my wife's rice was utterly burnt and dry. What annoyed us was the the waitress went off to the kitchen with our complaint and returned to tell us that this was the style of rice and the way it is traditionally cooked. I'm sorry, but you're telling me Mexicans like choking on bone dry burnt rice every day are you? Well no wonder there's so much unrest there then if their mothers are feeding them anything remotely close to what we were served. Make your mind up... Traditionally cooked Mexican fayre, or over cooked burnt slop served by a wannabe Mexican restaurant in North Adelaide. I know what I think.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Glenelg East SA Australia
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Good variety of meals on the menu, the staff are lovely and the Sangria, well it is simply sensational!

Will always be our first choice when we think of mexican food!

Visited February 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Okay food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Ordinary Mexican restaurant - for better value, go to Zapata's. It is however, cheaper than Zapata's.