“Hotel from Hell.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Comfort Adelaide

You added Country Comfort Adelaide to your Saves list
Country Comfort Adelaide
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   215 South Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Ranked #41 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
“Hotel from Hell.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my family during the month of September and I can honestly say that it was the biggest mistake we have ever made.

The rooms are cramped and very outdated, the bathroom had mould in it, the carpets were visibly covered in dirt and stains.

We weren't allowed to use the swimming pool, the TV had about 6 channels including the 'foxtel' they provided.

The room service menu was extremely expensive yet very poor quality.

The parking spaces were too small for standard sized cars as the hotel had tried to jam as many in to make this seem more value for money parking wise. However I would rather have paid more and been able to park somewhere that allowed me to actually open the doors and have car doors open next to me without them hitting my car.

In a nutshell you get what you pay for and we received cheap, crap accomodation. I would never ever consider staying in this dilapidated shack again. Pay more and save yourself in the long run.

• Stayed September 2012
ADLOPS, Guest Relations Manager at Country Comfort Adelaide, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Edvkelly
Thankyou for the review on your recent stay with us. I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience.
You points are concerning to us and I invite you to call me personally at the hotel to further discuss and investigate these.
I am pleased to report that the swimming pool is now open again after the winter closure which was advertised on our own website and on all other web site listings.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I needed a motel in a hurry and the Country Comfort in Adelaide answered all my needs. In need of a bit of refurbishment, but clean, comfortable, well serviced with facilities available if I needed them. Room service prompt, with good food from the Chifley Grand next door. I was able to have a good night's sleep every night, and I would definitely go back here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the staircases to the upper floor - some people stomp up and down stairs li...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ADLOPS, Guest Relations Manager at Country Comfort Adelaide, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Pelican29
Thank you for your comments and review on your stay at Country Comfort Adelaide. We also feel the property is fortunate to have the facilities of Grand Chifley Adelaide to service the needs of our Country Comfort guests. Our staff make every effort to ensure the property is cleaned and maintained and your kind comments have been shared with the team as positive acknowledgment is appreciated.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back when next you visit.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

What a terrible overpriced place. I wouldn't put my dog in there. This place needs a real makeover or a bulldozer. Will never stay in a country comfort ever again. You can here the people up stairs go to the bathroom the beds are puitred the bathroom probably neve cleaned or updated the list can go on and on.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Ant121
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay.
We acknowledge the property is of an older style and this is reflected in both the star rating and pricing. Maintenance and cleanliness of the rooms are a high priority for us and your comments have been shared with the team to ensure our standards in these regards are maintained.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit and invite you to contact me personally at the hotel to discuss your comments further.

Adelaide Central
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Room was good value for money.Good off street parking at door. My accomodation requests were.carried out. Check in was easy

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

ADLOPS, Guest Relations Manager at Country Comfort Adelaide, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear VeronicaM
Thank you for choosing to stay at Country Comfort Adelaide and writing a review. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable and we were able to meet your requests.

The complimentary parking availability directly outside of the rooms is certainly one of the many positives of our CBD fringe location.

We look forward to welcoming you back when next you stay with us.

Adelaide Central
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Overall the rooms need a face lift, carpet, paint etc, the bathrooms are ok for my needs but out dated. The only downfall with this is that rhe prices would have to go up and that is part of why i keep using the CC Adelaide. Pricing and location is great for me and personally i am ok with the rooms. The service is excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

ADLOPS, Guest Relations Manager at Country Comfort Adelaide, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear C B
Thankyou for choosing to stay at Country Comfort Adelaide again and writing a review. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable.
Your comments are most welcome and have been noted for maintenance and housekeeping to review the rooms and inform me of any needing paintwork or carpet replacements for this to be scheduled.
We are mindful when setting pricing that this reflects the property is of an older style, however we also strive to ensure the rooms are in good repair, clean and comfortable.
We look forward to welcoming you back when next you visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Very convenient location with good parking, clean comfortable rooms for anyone on a budget, excellent staff at reception, very comfortable beds and quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

ADLOPS, Guest Relations Manager at Country Comfort Adelaide, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for the review on your recent stay at Country Comfort Adelaide which I am pleased you enjoyed.

We also feel our staff, location, pricing and amenities all combine to make our property most unique for a CBD location.

We look forward to welcoming you back when next you stay.

Hope Forest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I am staying here a few nights a week at the moment as I am working long shifts in the city and live too far away to travel in daily. This place is great value for money and, for me, the free parking saves me $$$$.
Yes, it is a bit dated, but the bed linen and towels are clean and the bed comfy and mugs are better than little cups and saucers for tea.
I am suggesting this place to other people, especially its location opposite the south parklands and so close to the free tram into the city centre.
Bronny

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ADLOPS, Guest Relations Manager at Country Comfort Adelaide, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear BronnyW
Thankyou for choosing to stay at Country Comfort Adelaide and writing a review. I am pleased you are enjoying the visits.
As mentioned by you, the free parking and CBD fringe location are both definite advantages of this property, along with very affordable rates.
We look forward to welcoming you back when next you stay.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Country Comfort Adelaide? Share your experiences!